Washington-Seattle

Wedding pictures are posted!!! (with blog link and a PIP)

On Jenny's blog!!Here's the post: http://jennygg.com/weddings/woodinville-wedding-novelty-hill-januik-winery-emily-nick

and the story of our wedding: I fell Thursday night before the wedding on the steps right outside our house, and twisted my foot. Was able to get in to see my orthopedist Friday morning as I was unable to put any weight on my foot, and he diagnosed a severe sprain, as well as a potential fracture (though from the xrays, the fracture didn't seem consistent with the fall, so he said it may have actually been a stress fracture and a separate incident). I was given a knee-high boot cast and crutches, with orders that except for the wedding itself, I was to be no weight bearing. He gave me crazy pain killers to get through the wedding, and said if I could bear the pain, I was allowed to take the boot off for the walk down the aisle.My dad went to Nordie's the morning of the wedding to buy me pink glitter Toms. Wedding day I tried to put on my wedding shoes (gorgeous pink Manolos), but was crying out in pain and could barely get them on. JennyGG was able to take a picture of the shoes peeking out from under the dress, then I went right back in my boot. I rocked one glitter Tom and the boot the whole night.Somehow (I really don't know how), I was able to not only walk down the aisle, and do our dances (both first dance and father/daughter dance). I even managed to dance the whole night (mostly just hopping on my non-broken foot, my calf was killing me the next day, lol). The wedding itself was awesome, but a total blur. We had 55 total guests including us, and everyone seemed to have a really good time. We also drank a case of champagne on the limo bus ride home, haha!  Our honeymoon was 12 days in Cabo, and ridiculously awesome. I was still on Vicodin so monitoring the margaritas, lol. All of the hotel workers/bartenders/waiters were super sweet, and made sure I always had a place to keep my foot up when we were eating, laying by the pool/beach, etc. Luckily the boot cast comes off, so I was still able to go in the pool, and we did 2 of our days at the beach/ocean (though DH had to basically carry me into the ocean itself). Crutching on sand is hard! 
dinner on the beach!vendor reviews coming! 

Re: Wedding pictures are posted!!! (with blog link and a PIP)

• edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures! So sad that you hurt your foot but im glad you figured it out and everythng worked out for you! ;-)
    Anniversary
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amazing photos!  I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day, boot and all :)
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Those pictures are beautiful. I would have been devistated if I had ended up in the boot, but it sounds like you handled it like a champ, and it all worked out wonderfully. Congrats!  

oh, and I just adore those bridesmaids dresses.

Girls is stripper heels, boys rolling in Maseratis,
    all they need in this world is some love.
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful photos! Again, Jenny at her best :)
  • edited December 2011
    Your photos are gorg!  I'm so happy you had a wonderful wedding, even with the whole foot in a cast thing (sounds SO much like something I would do.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Umm...GORGEOUS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards