Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Need help on wording

Hello!  I am working on the programs and don't know how to word my dad and his wife.

Bride's Father and Father's Wife
Bride's Father and Wife
Brides's Father and Stepmother

She didn't come into my life until I was 29, so I don't really consider her a stepmom.  I don't know if saying father's wife is too informal and cold.  Any advice on how to handle this siutation is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: Need help on wording

• Options
    Parents of the Bride:
    Ms. Your Mom
    Mr. Your Dad and Mrs. His Wife
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:966871a2-e5a4-417e-9ba9-537ecee09d1ePost:b0800c05-19b0-4342-8a7e-9a683b4651b8">Re: Need help on wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]Parents of the Bride: Ms. Your Mom Mr. Your Dad and Mrs. His Wife
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Exactly. 

Go with category, not title. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Yeah, what Dani said. That's what we're doing:

Parents of the Bride
    John and Nancy Smith

Parents of the Groom
    Bill and Cindy Jones
    James Alexander
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So, I forgot to mention my mom passed away about 5 years ago, so that's why I can't say parents of the bride.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_need-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:966871a2-e5a4-417e-9ba9-537ecee09d1ePost:5efdebe2-5d4b-4a7e-9a30-5f30dc832d78">Re: Need help on wording</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I forgot to mention my mom passed away about 5 years ago, so that's why I can't say parents of the bride.
    Posted by jafreder[/QUOTE]

If it's in the program, you can and should.

Parents of the Bride:
    Mr. Your dad and Mrs. His wife
    The Late Ms. Your Mom

You wouldn't put her name on the invitation, but you can put it in the program.  She is/was your parent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The fact that she passed away doesn't change the fact that she was your mother.  She should just be listed as "the late First Last".
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards