Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat

Is everyone just busy today?  It's even more dead than usual here on E.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat

• Hey!

We've been horrifically busy here at work.  I'm finishing my lunch now which is why I have any chance to check in at all.  Blah.

FI is going to be picking me up from work then we're going down to get our passports.  Well, FI is getting his, mine just needs to be renewed.  Then we're off to our trivia night.  It should be fun.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think a lot of people took the week off for the Holiday. I am very bitter that H has a two day work week this week. :(
  • I'm just sitting down to eat lunch, I went and got Chinese, yum! I haven't had Chinese in forever!
  • We had a crazy morning here.  Everyone was out of the office except for me when this guy showed up.  He's been harassing the priest for money for about a month now, showing up at all hours of the night, banging on the door.  He said he needed to use the phone.  Then he wouldn't leave.  When the priest got back he kicked him out.  It was really nerve-wracking though.  The guy was sniffing like he'd just snorted coke (he's an addict so not surprising) and fighting with his GF and people on the phone.  Good times.  Never a dull moment around here.

I think I'm going to crack open that bottle of wine I have when I get home after class.

• I'm here... I'm working today and I'm about to flip shiiiit. The baby screamed for an hour and I finally got her settled into her swing to sleep and big sis won't stop babbling and waking her up. I'd put the baby in her crib, but they don't really put her there yet and I doubt she'll sleep. Can't exactly tell a 20 month old to be quiet either, so I'm looking forward to her naptime at 1:30. I might put her down early if I can.

Engagement pics are tonight though, I can't wait!
  • I just went and picked up lunch and dinner for tonight.  We're going to have fajitas...nom!  Our grocery store down the road has an awesome salad bar in it, so I grabbed some for lunch.  I figure after eating like crap all weekend, I need to get back on the train.  I have bootcamp tomorrow and Wednesday morning bright and early.  Nothing like waking up at 4:45 on a day off!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:48f8df9f-013c-4da8-a44f-33cd2e2c8e62">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooo Chinese. What did you get Mari? We haven't found a good Chinese place around us yet.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I just stumbled upon this place when I was walking at work. I got Sweet and Sour Shrimp with Fried Rice and Hot and Sour soup...the soup will have to wait until lunch tomorrow because I am STUFFED! It was so good though!
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Yeah it does seem particularly slow today -- all those lucky bastards must be on vacation. It's going to be so odd to have one day off in the middle of the week. Though I am really enjoying the feeling that it's really like Thursday instead of Monday!
    Lizzie
  • I gave Lucy a new rope toy and she is in heaven. 

Oh, and I'm getting drunk. I feel uber mopey and tearful, so Iäm wallowing.  .which means I am a right ray of sunshine my friends. Ray.of.sunshine.
  • Snippy :(<3

• I wish you lived closer.  I really do.

• Snippy, I'm sorry you're sad :(

Do you guys think 3 outfits is exessive for an engagement shoot?
  • But! I did eat a package of bacon for dinner. Goes surprisingly well with white wine.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm sorry snippy that's no fun at all. I hope you can mope for a bit and then you'll feel better.

And angel, I guess it depends: Where are you having them taken? Is there an easy place to change? I ended up only wearing one and I'm really glad. It would have been too big of a pain to find a place to change.
    Lizzie
  • Hey everyone! I got an enexpected day off today since my client is sick, so I've spent the day cleaning. I'm ashamed to say that the month leading up to the wedding, and the 2months since then, FI and I have only done what was absolutely necessary as far as cleaning the house goes, partly from exhaustion, and partly from laziness. Anyways, today, I'm going to be scouring the bathroom and kitchen, hopefully tomorrow, I will be able to tackle the living room and bedroom, and this weekend, sort through our spare bedroom that has turned into the "we don't know what else to do with it, so we're going to throw it in here" room. I, personally, want to go buy about 5 storage totes for our keepsakes, winter clothes, etc, and everything else be sold, or given away. Unfortunately, since DH is such a packrat, I highly doubt that this will happen.
  • DH just called to say he got the paper and supplies to do several mock ups of our STDs for me to pick from. They should be done when I get back to that house tomorrow.

I'm starving, trying to finish what I'm doing before I hit our cafeteria for lunch. But, it closes at 1:30. So... I might go get lunch before I get done!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:1653408b-795e-471b-aaca-94a725d5398e">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish you lived closer.  I really do.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Word up. Though we might just end up depressing the hell out of each other. Heh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:7eb7c902-1d3a-42fe-a313-e05e530a34ba">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy, I'm sorry you're sad :( Do you guys think 3 outfits is exessive for an engagement shoot?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope.  That's the number I had, it worked out perfectly.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aragx, we're doing some at the college FI went to and then the rest back at my house in the yard. I'd probably only wear one at the school and then the other 2 at home since I can easily change at my house.

Rach, I took pics of the colored jeans! I'll post a few if I can get them uploaded in a minute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:dec487af-be77-451d-b417-696261e63ba6">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat : Word up. Though we might just end up depressing the hell out of each other. Heh.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]
    Or we'd cheer each other up!

(I attempt to be an optimist.  It doesn't always work, but I try.)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:7a8dc0c5-7c5b-4cc1-914f-9647558382d7">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]But! I did eat a package of bacon for dinner. Goes surprisingly well with white wine.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

My kind of girl Snippy.  Sorry you're blue though.  :(

There's a lot more people at work than I was expecting but I'm sure it'll be a ghost town Thursday & Friday. 

I'm currently searching for all things "The Best of 1972" for H's 40th bday in a couple of weeks.  Major bonus is The Godfather won for best picture that year and to my surprise we don't already have it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:7eb7c902-1d3a-42fe-a313-e05e530a34ba">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy, I'm sorry you're sad :( Do you guys think 3 outfits is exessive for an engagement shoot?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

I did 3 outfits, but jut made changes to my tops and shoes. You can wear a t and jeans with flip flops, and it look totally different than with a nice top and heels, and different accessories. I just wore a cami underneath, and just changed outside of my car.
  • Afternoon! It's only 10 AM here and my day is already dragging. I was hoping to head out early today around 2, but I doubt that will happen. It's finally warm here and I'm dying to spend some time outside.
  • It's super hot here today. I was outside this morning straightening up the yard for pics and I discovered that one of our fish had jumped out of the pond to his death. Dead fish + maggots + extreme heat = the most disgusting thing I've ever had to deal with. Usually I would have left it for my dad to deal with, but because we want photos by the pond, it had to go. Hopefully the smell will have resolved itself by tonight.
  • I am so exhauted and my coworkers are making my return back to the office a nightmare.  I have way too much to do and not enough time (or energy) to do it all AND deal with stupidity.

I am so ready to go home, snuggle on the couch with Skinnygirl kitty and watch last night's season premiere of Weeds.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Angel that is awful. 

• Chrissy, I love your sig pic! And I'm sure you'll get better with it as time goes on. I can't crack my knuckles, it grosses me out for some reason.

Edie, ick is right.
  • I hope so Angel.

Nothing worse than dead fish!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:bdd5cee8-d9f6-42d4-8983-f8d2aa97e291">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]So mini confession: I crack my knuckles a lot. Ugh. So im trying to stop. Im doing okay, but my willpower fails sometimes.  It is only my firat day though, so hopefully by Friday, I'll be better.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I do too. I crack my back too. I don't really know if it's bad for you. I've heard it's not bad and I've heard I'm going to get arthritis. 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards