Wedding Woes

sister v. drunkie follow-up

so sister calls drunkie into her office and shuts the door.  drunkie at first is a little defiant, all 'i don't see the bfd."  (sister gets mad at this because "too much reality tv", and i TOTALLY agree.)

sister brings out all the hellfire big guns, and basically tells drunkie that it is an embarrassment to herself, an embarrassment to the company, to the department and to all of womanhood.  not really, but she wanted the girl to feel some shame.

drunkie starts crying, which sister REALLY hates because she never knows what to do with that.  ("i know i should probably comfort her, but i'm not hugging her -- NUH UH.  NUH UH!")  sister slides the tissue box over and lets drunkie cry it out.

drunkie apologizes and says she is sorry.  sister tells her to tell not to do it again, and not to be surprised if people ostracize it for a little bit.  these things have consequences, personally, socially and professionally.

sister told me that overall, it was fine.  actually, it might boost productivity a little bit because now drunkie doesn't want to be known as "drunkie" and will focus on her work, and other people will also work harder to show that they are not drunkie.

Re: sister v. drunkie follow-up

• I knew there would be tears, and I also thought she would blame it on a bad break up, cause you know that's how these chicks roll.
  • She should take her out for a drink to comfort her....oh wait...don't do that.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, and kuddos to your sister.  Everywhere I have worked people would have just talked and talked and talked about it behind drunkie's back and made decisions based upon her new drunkie reputation, but no one would have have talked to her about it.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards