Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photographer Price

I am having a small wedding, and was wondering what is a reasonable price?  Do you think $2000 is reasonable or too much?

Re: Photographer Price

• Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Depends on where you live and what you're getting, but I think $2000 will get you there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think our photg is in the same price range, but I think her prices where about $800 for a few hours but some had minimums
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you love the photographer's style, then go for it. 
  • Options
    decamp.sarahdecamp.sarah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $2000 is about average for a good photographer and a modest package.  I paid about $2,100 for a photographer in chicago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Depends on your budget (and area). Photography is usally about 12% of the total wedding budget.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Shop around.. There are so many great Boutique style photographers out there. I am sure you will find one there that fits your budget. It really depends on what you are looking for in a photography package. Keep in mind. When the food is eaten and the band or DJ plays the last song, what is left ? Your images.  Hope this helps Laughing

-Brian
    My Blog
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $2000 is definitely reasonable.  I'm having a big wedding of at least 300 guests, which is mandatory to both our families, but photography is my highest priority.  I am spending $1600 on photography.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cristy818cristy818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think is reasonable. If a photographer is asking you for that much and you like his/her work, go ahead. I am paying around $3500 for a great one, but my future sister in law paid $8000 for hers (total fiasco). So if you like it and have good references, go for it.
    Who would have thought that it would take more than 5000 miles to find you? BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards