Nevada-Las Vegas

flights/hotel booking

Hey girls, I'm trying to figure out if I should book flights and hotels together through a site on expedia, etc. or should I book seperate. We want nonstop flights and they tend to go quick. The packages don't include nonstop. They make you think that you save a bunch if you book together or one of those sites. What have some of you done? What tends to be the cheapest route? Help!

Re: flights/hotel booking

• edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the deal your getting from the hotel.

We went with Spirit Vacations & booked everything together.  Our hotel was giving us a deal for our room but couldn't give the same price for my mom & son's room.
    With spirit, they have direct flights (mind you later at night) but it worked out cheaper than expedia's best option.

You'll have to decided on other options as well - when do you want to arrive/leave Vegas.  Do you mind checking out of your room @ 11am when your flight is not till 11pm?? Stuff like that.

Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think booking separately is the way to go.  You can make reservations direct with the hotel and if the price goes down the hotel will adjust your rate.  If you book expedia there is no option of getting a better price.

I just booked my flight last week when a seat sale started.  I'm picky on flights - I like certain times and direct.  This way I get what I want exactly. I've got a suite booked at the Mirage and I am just holding out now for a promo code to come along to give me a better deal for the room.
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I priced out what it would cost if I booked our flight and hotel separately, and what it would cost booked together on expedia.ca.

In my case, It was cheaper on expedia. We're paying $1000 CDN/pp for one week (Thurs-Thurs) at Caesar's Palace in a "deluxe" room (meaning the nicer Palace or Augustus tower rooms), flying direct with our favorite airline (Westjet).

I'm happy we booked it this way because I didn't really want the hassle of constantly monitoring the airline and hotel websites to see if they had deals.

But this is just what worked best for us, there are a lot of factors to consider!

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked seperate because I gt a promo from the MGM that was really good and if the rates go down you can call and get the price adjusted. Midwest also had nonstop flights for under $200.

I think you just have to price it out to see what works best for you.
    Good Luck :)
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also booked with the hotel direct as we were given best rate guarantee...i booked once on priceline only to be told when we got there that the hotels NORMAL rates were $40 cheaper. Never again.
    We went with one of the travel web sites to do flights...we had looked at directly booking with the airline using their Web site. I had a few guests do that directly and get good deals. Take a look at all your options as this can be a good area to save money.
    Happy hunting!
  • rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked through Southwest Vacations for a package deal.  I'm glad we did it that way because they threw in some tours of the Grand Canyon and tickets to see a Circ show in Vegas.  We have been following up on pricing and still do not see anything out there better than what we booked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards