Illinois-Chicago

Norman Garrett with Thanks For The Memories Photography

My wedding photog has apparently moved to the Chicago area from Austin.  I would suggest you hire someone other then Norman Garrett with Thanks For The Memories if you were considering him.  We hired him for our wedding in March 2011 and it has been a disaster.  I would like to go more in depth but can't at this time.  I will be posting a full review in the near future.  If you have questions, private message me.  I'm just trying to save a few brides the tears and stress I have dealt with since my wedding day.

Re: Norman Garrett with Thanks For The Memories Photography

• edited December 2011
    I want to save brides, too.  My daughter got married 7/2009 and we have not seen even 1 of the 3 albums we were promised; I paid $5,645.  He will not return phone calls or emails; it has been stressful and disappointing.
  • edited December 2011
    I failed to say that Norman Garrett has moved to Arlington Heights, IL outside of Chicago...beware!
  • edited December 2011
    I had noting bu an amazing experience with Norman Garrett. My wedding photos were beyond what I could ever imagine. He was creative and captured moments from the bridal dressing room with my bridesmaids, through the ceremony, the reception, to our departure from the . Moments I will treasure for the rest of my life. He's always responded to my calls in a timely fashion and would recommend him to anyone including my very best friend and to family members. 
    My album was gorgeous and everyone that I show it to just ooohs and aahs over the gorgeous photos. 
  • edited December 2011

lbabbwittman- I find it strange that the day you joined you commented on both posts on the Austin/Chicago boards about Norman but not on any other posts on theknot.com and have not posted since then.

I put my complaint in to the BBB today for both areas. I will do whatever it takes to make sure no other brides have to deal with Norman Garrett. He is the most unprofessional person I have ever had to deal with. Don't bother having your lawyer send him a letter because he will open it, read it, then mail it right back to them. Just go straight to the court house because he has no remorse for ruining once in a lifetime pictures, following through with contracts, or the tears that you have cried over his inadequacy as a professional photography running a business.

I am glad everyone is coming out so future brides don't have to go through what we all have.

• edited December 2011

Dear Chicago brides,
    Before booking Norman Garrett, please look on the Knot's Austin community board where you will find 10 Austin brides that did not get their albums from Norman.  Also see his F rating on the Austin Better Business Bureau.  I just don't want you to be hurt.

• I Agree with Cindy. He is such a greedy person. our weding got pushed back and I told him 3 months in advance and he said he was booked and could not do that date and also collected the whole amount from my fiance' and would not pay our money back. he is a snake. also, watch out and not pay him all upfront. I would not be fooled by him and people like him ever again.
  • Norman Garrett with Thanks For The Memories Photography has moved from Austin, Texas to Chicago!

I am currently sending faxes and emails to all  the wedding vendors in Chicago to let them know about how we paid over $5K for Norman Garretts wedding photography services and did not receive anything other than him showing up at our wedding! Was also thinking of placing ad's in the Chicago newspaper too.

Ladies/victims of Norman Garretts services, it is possible that we can prevent him from defrauding others financially and in other ways by spreading the word. He took our money and failed to produce what we paid for, according to contract and has done it to many other individuals.

If anyone is currently considering hiring Norman Garrett for his wedding photography services, I would strongly reconsider. There is a reason why he moved out of state. Norman Garrett is a FRAUD! We hired  him to photpgraph our wedding and produce 3 photo albums and got nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards