Not Engaged Yet

Friday Confessional

Since no one came out to play last night, this thread is now all about confessions.  I'll start.

I confess FI and I have been in a rut.  We come home and retreat to a computer or gaming console and don't interact as much.  I know finances are tight, so I am not expecting grand romantic adventures.  I know all I need to do is talk to him about it and we'll work it out and that we are both to blame, it just seems like if I don't say anything, he is perfectly fine to go on that way for a while...

I confess that my issues with food and diet run deeper than just needing to count calories and work out and I am finally beginning the journey to get the help I need today.  I want to trust that there will be meaningful change, but I am scared that I'll slip into old habits and thought patterns again. 

I confess that even though I enjoy my job, I wish I were making more money/benefits and I still feel like many of the things I want to so are out of reach and may stay that way for a long time.

Your turn... go!

Re: Friday Confessional

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    Boo to no one being online last night. I know you can't get on during your workday.

ETA:
    Just kidding.

I confess that I am tired. Sooo tired.

I also bought a $7 bag of Sweetarts, Laffy Taffy, and Nerds candy bag to snack on by myself.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:1a73a8e6-7951-4f3e-b49e-ff32fef84cd0">Re: Thursday Night KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Boo to no one being online last night</strong>. I know you can't get on during your workday. ETA: Just kidding. I confess that I am tired. <strong>Sooo tired</strong>. I also bought a $7 bag of Sweetarts, Laffy Taffy, and Nerds candy bag to snack on by myself.
    <p>Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Right?  Booo indeed.  I thought with all the activity surely someone would be around... nope.</p><p> </p><p>Me too, I have been dragging every morning this week and late to work twice.  Speaking of which, I have to dash, but I'll check back after work! </p>

• lovelyheatherlovelyheather member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    I confess that I weigh myself way too often.  I know once a week is best, but I weigh myself at least once a day. 

I confess that I really want some sweetarts.  I saw some in the vending machine this morning and now Jen is making me want them even more.  It's probably a sign that I should go buy some. 

This is not a confession, but I just got an email saying that such and such product is available starting today, December 1st.  Um, today is definitely not Dec 1. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:25281475-aac5-49df-a6d5-8adb7121ff26">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I weigh myself way too often.  I know once a week is best, but I weigh myself at least once a day.  I confess that I really want some sweetarts.  I saw some in the vending machine this morning and now Jen is making me want them even more.  It's probably a sign that I should go buy some.  <strong>This is not a confession, but I just got an email saying that such and such product is available starting today, December 1st.  Um, today is definitely not Dec 1. </strong>
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

lol I got an email yesterday twice one said "Dear Jennifer" the other said "Dear Mark," and I was like um, this is definitely not Mark. :)

The sucky thing about sweetarts, and the rest of the candy in this bag, is that each and every one has a wrapper. So I have to throw away a wrapper for every candy I eat. I dunno... having that evidence of the ridiculous number of pieces I've eaten in the last 3 days (not even full days, I ate some this morning.) is shameful. Go forward with your purchase of a roll of sweetarts. Only one lame wrapper.
  • I confess I ate like crap this week, and barely worked out. I feel awful for it. 

I am waiting to hear back on this house we want and it's making me a nervous wreck.

I hate when people use the phrases at work "squared away"  and "keep me posted"
    makes me want to punch them in the nuts.... assuming it's a male of course.

Anniversary

• I love sweetarts I wish I had some!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:25281475-aac5-49df-a6d5-8adb7121ff26">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I confess that I weigh myself way too often</strong>.  I know once a week is best, but I weigh myself at least once a day.  I confess that I really want some sweetarts.  I saw some in the vending machine this morning and now Jen is making me want them even more.  It's probably a sign that I should go buy some.  This is not a confession, but I just got an email saying that such and such product is available starting today, December 1st.  Um, today is definitely not Dec 1. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Same here. :( I know it's not good to obsess about the number but I have been.

I confess I am scared to death to fly tomorrow. Even though I am excited to go to Vegas, I already have anxiety.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I intentionally made BF feel bad when we were out at dinner the other night. We were talking about his sister and about a girlfriend of mine, and he was saying how he thought they both rushed into marriage with their significant others and seemed like they were 'playing grownup', and basically that he was happy that were weren't rushing into anything like they did. I looked away from him and noticeably sulked for a few minutes. BF finally said "I'm not saying I don't want to 'be a grownup', I'm just saying I'm happy that we're doing everything at the right pace." He was completely right, of course, I've just been thinking about engagement all too much lately, what with all these holiday-season engagements popping up on my Facebook newsfeed.

I also confess that I have no idea what to get ANYONE for Christmas, and I need to start shopping soon. Last year, I had great ideas for everyone, and this year - nada. I bought BF an Xbox last year, and I don't think I can top that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I want to eat ALL THE FOODS! I have PMS cravings liike whoa right now. 

I confess that I've been mentally checked out of work since before Thanksgiving and probably won't come back from this state until after the New Year. 

I confess a small amount of baby fever, but neither DH or I are ready for that yet. It feels "too grown up" if that makes any sense. 
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    I confess that I had a BEC on a bagel for breakfast because my desk ordered a bunch of them and it sounded better than my weight-control oatmeal.  

I confess that I'm going to have pizza for lunch because that's what my desk is ordering and it sounds better than the Smart One that's in the freezer. 

I confess that I don't want to be a chunky, mushy bride but I don't know how to get out of the eat-whatever-I-want mentality that I've fallen into. 

Edited because I can't spell today.

• I also confess that I have been reading old post on NEY starting from when I started posting and I am currently at May 2011. 
  • I confess that meeting my nephew is making me really like my decision of not having kids. I know every parent/child relationship is different, but I like being just the cool BA aunt. I confess that I could sit for hours and watch Ally Mcbeal on Netflix, as well as Cake Boss. I confess that I am kinda looking forward to driving to Florida by myself. FI will be driving the uhaul, and I'm driving one of the cars. I crank the iPod up, and am goofy on long road trips. FI, not so much. He just wants to talk. It'll be interesting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:19f1472e-e92f-4a5f-a2a8-6263d588e435">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I intentionally made BF feel bad when we were out at dinner the other night. We were talking about his sister and about a girlfriend of mine, and he was saying how he thought they both rushed into marriage with their significant others and seemed like they were 'playing grownup', and basically that he was happy that were weren't rushing into anything like they did. I looked away from him and noticeably sulked for a few minutes. BF finally said "I'm not saying I don't want to 'be a grownup', I'm just saying I'm happy that we're doing everything at the right pace." He was completely right, of course, I've just been thinking about engagement all too much lately, what with all these holiday-season engagements popping up on my Facebook newsfeed. <strong>I also confess that I have no idea what to get ANYONE for Christmas, and I need to start shopping soon. Last year, I had great ideas for everyone, and this year - nada. I bought BF an Xbox last year, and I don't think I can top that. </strong>
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Me too!  I keep asking FI what he would like, but he never has any ideas.  It is so annoying.  And I know FMIL is going to ask me what to get him, and I can't afford to give any of my ideas away because I need them for myself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I starte posting around that time too Jen!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:a264af0e-8410-4e9b-959c-6e3b1039d064">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I starte posting around that time too Jen!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    I actually think one of my fiiiirst posts was before that, in December. It was a post Tiger wrote. :)
  • I confess that I have been using MFP religiously and trying so hard to work out more than once a week, but I'm still going between the same two pounds. I'm also weighing myself every day, which I know is bad. I just really really don't want to look like a cow. 

I confess that I wish I could turn the noise off on FB chat so I can keep chatting with people while I do my skype video call all day. 

I confess that I really want to be the District Coordinator, but I'm so so so scared of the work load. I'm already exhausted and work out every work day and now I'm working every single day of the week. 

I confess that I can't wait for RDR to come visit me so we can drink into oblivion and eat all the Texas foods. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I confess that I suck at dieting. I did do good this week but I feel like unless I'm perfect with my diet I end up gaining weight. Example: I've been perfect with my diet all week except last night I messed up a little bit and then this morning I gained 1/2 a pound. It's not a huge deal but still WTF? I KNOW I didn't eat that many calories.

Heather - If you are weighing yourself too much try getting rid of your scale for a month. Put it in the trunk of your car or something. It will do you a lot of good.

• I confess that I want something expensive and I mean BAD but I know I don't have the $$$ for it and neither does Danish Man, BUT I will be really sad if it isn't under the Christmas tree.  Logically I know it can't happen, but I still WANT!

I confess that I like lurking more now that I'm a Mod.  I can't handle typing the same responses to posts asking for advice. 

I confess that I am more than willing to give up my social life so that we can get the house done in time for me to get a real Christmas tree in the living room, but realistically I know it won't be in time and that makes me pout.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:631a76d9-f5b6-4013-8a4b-4b5250efba19">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have been using MFP religiously and trying so hard to work out more than once a week, but I'm still going between the same two pounds. I'm also weighing myself every day, which I know is bad. I just really really don't want to look like a cow.  Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. Also, I think it's okay to weigh yourself once a day (like in the morning) when you are trying to lose weight so that you know if you are staying on track.

And you do not look like a cow. I doubt you ever could...unless you got a cow costume or something :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:631a76d9-f5b6-4013-8a4b-4b5250efba19">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have been using MFP religiously and trying so hard to work out more than once a week, but I'm still going between the same two pounds. I'm also weighing myself every day, which I know is bad. I just really really don't want to look like a cow.  I confess that I wish I could turn the noise off on FB chat so I can keep chatting with people while I do my skype video call all day.  I confess that I really want to be the District Coordinator, but I'm so so so scared of the work load. I'm already exhausted and work out every work day and now I'm working every single day of the week. <strong> I confess that I can't wait for RDR to come visit me so we can drink into oblivion and eat all the Texas foods. </strong>
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>49 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>

• I confess that tonight isn't going to be an official girl's night out since I found out that my insecure friend is bringing her boyfriend with her...annoying

I confess that I need to stop eating like a freak, going to join a fancy schmancy gym in my area that basically cut their membership fees in half today only.  The place is huge it has tennis courts, basketball courts, tons of classes, so I'm excited.  I'm also going WW online after the first of the year, don't judge!

I confess that BF and I need to have a discussion about our timeline.  I have a feeling we are no longer on the same page.  Ugh....

I confess I did all my Christmas shopping at work and under an hour (thanks Amazon!).

I confess I have way too much to do this weekend, but I'm going to try to get all the boring crap done tomorrow and Sunday I'll do all the fun stuff!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I confess that my BF actively looking for employment in PA is scaring the crap out of me. 

I confess I was HYPED when he introduced me as his wife, but I tried to appear calm to the person he was talking to. 

I confess that I wish it was 5:00 already, I'm so not productive today!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:5ed03930-a92a-467f-b6d8-69fdc3d771db">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that my BF actively looking for employment in PA is scaring the crap out of me. <strong> I confess I was HYPED when he introduced me as his wife, but I tried to appear calm to the person he was talking to.</strong>  I confess that I wish it was 5:00 already, I'm so not productive today!!
    Posted by rusngl2[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait... aren't you NEY?</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:631a76d9-f5b6-4013-8a4b-4b5250efba19">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have been using MFP religiously and trying so hard to work out more than once a week, but I'm still going between the same two pounds. I'm also weighing myself every day, which I know is bad. I just really really don't want to look like a cow.  I confess that I wish I could turn the noise off on FB chat so I can keep chatting with people while I do my skype video call all day.  I confess that I really want to be the District Coordinator, but I'm so so so scared of the work load. I'm already exhausted and work out every work day and now I'm working every single day of the week.<strong>  I confess that I can't wait for RDR to come visit me so we can drink into oblivion and eat all the Texas foods</strong>. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I confess that I'm a little hurt by this.  I see how it is.
  • I confess that I ate two servings of "spasagna" last night, then followed that up with half a bag of potato chips and a piece of cake.

I also confess that I've been feeling really sucky about myself lately and that's making me want to eat like crap, hence the above confession.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:e4db35de-d200-4d18-a756-abe389a5e1c9">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I ate two servings of "<strong>spasagna</strong>" last night, then followed that up with half a bag of potato chips and a piece of cake. I also confess that I've been feeling really sucky about myself lately and that's making me want to eat like crap, hence the above confession.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Explain?</div>

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:b59cc271-7dbc-42cc-9688-b788280b3996">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : Explain?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

It's a hybrid of spaghetti and lasagna.  And it's delicious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:53dee358-a24a-4c40-8cb2-f273aa60ae8d">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : Wait... aren't you NEY?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
     Correct, we are NEY but he's introducing me as his wife...confused much...I let it slide and keep trying to think of it as a slip of the tongue. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-night-kui-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2c1fe4eb-07a4-4fd5-9758-06408c8e722cPost:d8d54f0e-fa00-40b1-8186-1bd1571d7d32">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional :  Correct, we are NEY but he's introducing me as his wife...confused much...I let it slide and keep trying to think of it as a slip of the tongue. 
    Posted by rusngl2[/QUOTE]

I confess that I find that to be incredibly weird. I don't think I would like it if BF did that.

• I agree with Beth, I find it pretty strange too. 

I'm getting married in 5 months and wouldn't like it if FI referred to me as his wife right now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards