Washington-Seattle

Photographer Recomendations?

Hi girls!

Well I've been a little MIA lately....I think its because after you book your venue, and vendors and still have year to go you have some time to relax for a bit....or so i hope because thats what ive been doing!

So we had a photographer lined up and she just informed us that she wouldnt be able to do our wedding. Does anyone have any recomendations for photographers in the South Sound area? We are getting married at Alderbrook Resort (Hood Canal). We have a tight budget and we were getting a great deal from the old photographer so im a little bummed.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer Recomendations?

• edited December 2011

I'm sorry, but at least she was able to tell you this far out!  What price range are you looking to stay under?

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I am very thankful for that! She is my future sister in law's sister, so we were getting a good discount. $1,500 for everything. We dont want a huge fancy package, but something around that price range would be great. That's what I budgeted for but i know it will be hard to find....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I will always recommend our photog Jenny GG because I love her work www.jennygg.com - she might be a bit of a stretch, but still worth looking into.  The only other photog I know of that is under that range is Cindy Fike www.fikefotography.com. HTH & I'm sure other Knotties will have more recs.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • koosh ballkoosh ball member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know JennyGG has shot at Alderbrook Resort a few times so she would be an awesome choice for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how far south he'll go but we're using Brian Stern www.briansternphotography.com and he's totally reasonable and he got some great shots of us for our engagement pics. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! That's a perfect starting point. At least I stilll have time to do some research and find someone else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer, Piper Moore, actually shot a wedding there! (and I was a guest, it was beautiful!)  She's well within your price range and even if she charged a traveling fee (is that normal for photogs?), you could still get a full package for your budget.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I really love the pov of Kylie Danielson.  She is really reasonable and super nice.  She has a lot more pictures on Facebook that are not on her website.  I not sure if she'll travel that far, but it would be worth looking into!
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    I would sooo recommend LIfebox studios they have a great day of wedding package, and are amazing photographers. Also they are very nice and accomadating.!!!

check out their website... lifeboxstudio.com
    Pregnancy Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe look into J&J Photography. They have a number of different packages and depending on what you're looking for, they might be a really good deal.
  • melissab12310melissab12310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ahuette. Kylie Danielson was my photographer last January and she was wonderful. I know she already did a wedding at alderbrook too. Here is a link. She is definitely in your price range as well.
    Good Luck!
    Mel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards