Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

respond cards

Have not received about half of the cards yet...due tommorow. when should I "have to call them"...or because I have place cards just  write the names out and pretty much say  piss off because you you didn't respond you can stand around  with your fingers up your...?

Re: respond cards

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_respond-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd5db941-b048-41fd-831b-cd6fcc6ada2aPost:4da245e6-5865-4962-86fb-b8572066577d">respond cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have not received about half of the cards yet...due tommorow. when should I "have to call them"...or because I have place cards just  write the names out <strong>and pretty much say  piss off because you you didn't respond you can stand around  with your fingers up your...?</strong>
    Posted by barroll1[/QUOTE]

You sound so gracious.

You'll probably get an influx of cards on Monday and Tuesday because many people wait until the last minute to mail them back.  You can start calling as soon as the date has passed.  I would encourage you to practice your conversation or write out what you're going to say first because with the anger in your wording above, it could very easily be picked up in your wording or tone when you speak to your guests.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Sometimes people put the RSVPs in the mail the day that they are due (I've been guilty of this in the past), or just forget altogether.  We had about 4-5 families/couples that we didn't hear from, and at least one of them actually sent it and we never got it.  

Anyway, I would wait until mid-week (maybe Tuesday or Wednesday) before you start calling people. We said something like, "We're trying to finalize our headcount and are wondering if you will be able to join us."   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I would give them a few days for the people who mailed them last minute and then start calling. You really need to know if they are coming or not ahead of time. "piss off" is not the right way to handle people who don't RSVP. It is frustrating that some people don't understand the importance of the RSVP. My mom has commented that now that my brother and I are both married she has a new appreciation for getting rsvp's back more quickly. She always sent them, but sometimes at the last minute so she makes a point to get them back earlier now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards