Washington

Sigh... camp wedding venues

So, my fiance and I, who want to get married in August 2012, thought we had the perfect wedding venue picked. We were going to do it at the Millersylvania State Park Environmental Learning Center--it was close to home and exactly what we wanted. But even 10 1/2 months in advance, we couldn't get a single open day. No July either, and no weekend dates in September (we have to have a weekend, because my fiance's family is from FAR out of state). I'm thinking of looking into May or June next week, too, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've never been so disappointed in my life. I shouldn't have gotten my heart so set on this venue before I knew if it was open at all. But I did. I'm looking at the silver lining that at least now I know what sort of venue I want. So... large, wooded campgrounds with cabins somewhat near Olympia, WA? Anyone?

Re: Sigh... camp wedding venues

• weddingmuseweddingmuse member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's really tough to snag a state park venue during the summer.  You could try Kitsap Memorial State Park near Poulsbo, but you will likely run into availability problems there also.  It's possible to get a Sunday or Friday sometimes.

If you're willing to look at Vashon Island, you might like this:

http://www.vashonhostel.com/weddings.htm

Good luck! 
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.thealbees.com/AboutWeddings.htm

Seems kinda rustic. Have you looked at Port Townsand or Hurricane Ridge area? 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a ton, guys, but great news: We booked Millersylvania today! I was able to get it for June 20, which is actually really awesome because that's Summer Solstice! I'm so glad that in the end I got the venue of my dreams. And it'll be kind of cool to incorporate some summer solstice themes into it now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards