Christian Weddings

Can I sit with you guys?

HI!

I'm an oldly-wed wife who hung out on my local board while I was planning my wedding, and was a regular on The Nest for years after. We didn't have a Christian Weddings board back then, and there isn't a "Christian Families" board or anything on TN. But, I've been lurking a few days, and you guys seem really fun and sweet. Would you mind terribly having an old married hag around? :)

Huz and I have been together for almost 12 years and we've been married almost 4 years (7/4/08). We have no kids, but we have 2 amazing nephews and 5 Godkids that we adore, and two spoiled pet Bunnies. We live in NorCal where he's a police officer and I'm a student. We are saving for a house and hope to buy in the next couple of years.

We had a 4th of July wedding in a beautiful garden in the middle of a theme park. Our guests got to go on rides and have fun, and then come back and enjoy barbecue and dancing. I really loved it, and love being with my best friend every day since then :)

Um, I guess if I missed anything else, feel free to ask me! I look forward to getting to know everyone, and seeing the beautiful weddings you plan!
Things I love: my Bunnies, baking, books, and The Beatles
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Can I sit with you guys?

• Welcome.  You can definitely chat with us.  One of us has been married something like 10 years.  People here are very nice compared to the other boards.  We're like a group of friends always willing to get to know new people. 
  • Welcome!!  I grew up in Virginia, DH grew up in Maryland, and now we're in Kansas.  DH is a youth pastor and I'm an ABA (Autism) Therapist.  We've been married for just over a year and are expecting our first baby in October.  :)
  • Welcome to our fun little corner of TK! Glad to have you :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Welcome! There are a few of us that are already married. You'll fit right in!
  • If you're an oldywed then I'm an oldy-moldy wed!  I'm the one who's been married ten years.  Welcome!
  • Hi, welcome!
  • Welcome!  Where do you live in Norcal?  I live there too :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Welcome!!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited June 2012
    Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_can-i-sit-with-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c2e33c07-ef98-4b9e-a11e-272c7a6918d3Post:a51d37d5-cf05-400e-98c8-a5d09b1189cd">Re: Can I sit with you guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're an oldywed then I'm an oldy-moldy wed!  I'm the one who's been married ten years.  Welcome!
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Congratulations DramaGeek! That is amazing and very inspiring! I wish you a hundred more happy years together!

And congrats fpaemp2001 on your pregnancy! That's really exciting!

Ravenray, I'm in San Jose. How about you?
  • Welcome! I would just like to say that I love how you titled this post as "Can I sit with you guys?"... it makes me think of all of us sitting around on big comfy sofas with some lovely cups of tea and a chatting about our lives :)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Hey there!  I'm also from the Bay Area.  I actually grew up in SF (the city itself) but now I live in Boston for law school.  I have family in San Jose, and my sis lives in Mountain View.  Ravenray just got married in SF.  My wedding a year ago was in SF/Sausalito.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_can-i-sit-with-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c2e33c07-ef98-4b9e-a11e-272c7a6918d3Post:1fea3274-2428-4efa-8c7f-5ce56aeac612">Re: Can I sit with you guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! In Response to Re: Can I sit with you guys? : Congratulations DramaGeek! That is amazing and very inspiring! I wish you a hundred more happy years together! And congrats fpaemp2001 on your pregnancy! That's really exciting! Ravenray, I'm in San Jose. How about you?
    Posted by BunsBooksBaking[/QUOTE]
    Gjones is right I got married in San Fran.  I don't live there right now (I am in Germany for the summer) but when I come back I will be in Sacramento/Davis area.  :) 

Do you love the Sharks even though they suck?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_can-i-sit-with-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c2e33c07-ef98-4b9e-a11e-272c7a6918d3Post:1fea3274-2428-4efa-8c7f-5ce56aeac612">Re: Can I sit with you guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! In Response to Re: Can I sit with you guys? :  And congrats fpaemp2001 on your pregnancy! That's really exciting!
    Posted by BunsBooksBaking[/QUOTE]<div>Thanks!!  And you can call me Emily.  :)

</div>
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Ravenray, where in Germany will you be? I lived in Germany/Austria eight months. I met my husband at Tubingen outside of Stuttgart. I also lived in Trier and Vienna.
  • Welcome! This is a great group. I took a year break from TK and came back and I don't feel like I ever left! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_can-i-sit-with-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c2e33c07-ef98-4b9e-a11e-272c7a6918d3Post:3b470ae6-c43d-4172-acb0-92744eef6216">Re:Can I sit with you guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ravenray, where in Germany will you be? I lived in Germany/Austria eight months. I met my husband at Tubingen outside of Stuttgart. I also lived in Trier and Vienna.
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]
    Ha! That is so sweet! I am convinced that if you ever come back to CA we would be really good RL friends :) 
    I am also living outside of Stuttgart in a tiny town called <span style="font-size:11pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';">Möckmühl<span>.  Which is near Heilbronn.  I know where Tubingen is! :)  What were you doing there?  Sprechen Sie deutsch?
    </span></span>

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited June 2012
    Welcome! I just got married 2 weeks ago, but still post here. TN is ok, but TK is a lot more fun :) And I agree with PP's, this group has lots of nice ladies!
  • Ravenray, we would TOTALLY (yes, NorCal lingo) be RL friends.  I'm sad our trips to SF have never overlapped. What are you doing in Deutschland this summer?  Ja, ich hab' Deutsch gelernt, aber leider hab' ich viel vergessen.  I studied abroad in Tuebingen for a semester in college, and my husband and I met at international orientation. It is soooo beautiful there in the summer.  If you can make it there, I highly recommend it.  Lots of Germans like to travel there... it's a lot like Heidelberg and very romantic.  Don't know of Heilbronn, but I didn't get to travel much (I've only been to Berlin, some parts of the Rheinland, some parts of Bavaria, and the Black Forest)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_can-i-sit-with-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c2e33c07-ef98-4b9e-a11e-272c7a6918d3Post:b04545c6-f6b2-4162-a7be-ea72e1a358ed">Re: Can I sit with you guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! I would just like to say that I love how you titled this post as "Can I sit with you guys?"...<strong> it makes me think of all of us sitting around on big comfy sofas with some lovely cups of tea and a chatting about our lives :)</strong>
    Posted by randlettandfraleigh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I wish we could all do that in real life! </div><div>
    </div><div>Welcome, OP! A lot of us are already married (myself included). We hang out here because we love it and can't leave haha. Glad to have you! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_can-i-sit-with-you-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c2e33c07-ef98-4b9e-a11e-272c7a6918d3Post:fe200aea-67d0-4721-8234-34a5896bb809">Re: Can I sit with you guys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ravenray, we would TOTALLY (yes, NorCal lingo) be RL friends.  I'm sad our trips to SF have never overlapped. What are you doing in Deutschland this summer?  Ja, ich hab' Deutsch gelernt, aber leider hab' ich viel vergessen.  I studied abroad in Tuebingen for a semester in college, and my husband and I met at international orientation. It is soooo beautiful there in the summer.  If you can make it there, I highly recommend it.  Lots of Germans like to travel there... it's a lot like Heidelberg and very romantic.  Don't know of Heilbronn, but I didn't get to travel much (I've only been to Berlin, some parts of the Rheinland, some parts of Bavaria, and the Black Forest)
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]
    :)  Let me know when you come to visit again :) 
    We are working on an organic farm.  It's pretty awesome.   Haha Gut!  Heilbronn is between Stuttgart and Heidelberg.  I will have to try :) 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited June 2012
    Welcome!  I'm one of the ladies here who are already married as well.  We love having new ladies to "sit" with us!  ;-)  We need to have an IRL G2G one of these days so we can really sit together, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • awww, i wish we were all real friends in person!  i could use some christian lady friends who are married/getting married soon!
  • You ladies are so stinkin fabulous! Thank you all so much. ::gets comfy:: I like it here! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards