April 2012 Weddings

something you may not have thought of - a little personal

In case you haven't thought about it yet, it's probably worth doing the math to figure out when your period will be while it's still early enough to play tricks with birth control pills.  Something I haven't seen on any checklists!

Re: something you may not have thought of - a little personal

• You're right that it's not on any checklists :-)  But very easy to figure out now and good timing in case you need to throw off your cycle so you're in the clear for your wedding and honeymoon.  Good thought to put this on the radar.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Check!  We did this last week.  I'll have to skip my pd this month so that i'm not on it during the bachelorette party in DC (we live in Colorado) or the wedding/honeymoon.  :)  It'll suck next month, but in April - i should be good!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, that’s something I planned on doing next week when I see my OB/GYN. I already did the blood work so she can take a look at my hormone levels. I do wonder how many forget about that.
  • Already had mine calculated out when we chose the wedding date. I'll be on it for the week of the wedding, but not the week after on the honeymoon :D

Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had calculated it out last summer I believe to and skipped a period back then.  But definitely good thinking as a reminder for those who may have forgotten. 
  • I forgot to mention this in the "Why did you choose your date" thread. This was TOTALLY a factor! I have super light and short periods, so I will be on it the week of the wedding, but I will be done by the Thursday or Friday before. I will probably wear a tampon the day of JIC! 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • This is also something I thought about at the beginning of my last pack and decided to skip that month so I will be on mine the week before the wedding and will be great week of and honeymoon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah.  I actually just did the math on it last week and I'm due to start mine the day before the wedding.

Off to the Gyno I go for some BC!  I feel kinda dumb going on BC just for that reason, but I really, REALLY don't want to deal with aunt Flo on my wedding day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Good point!! I figured mine a few months ago and I'll be on it the week before which works great for the wedding and esp the 2 week honeymoon! My ob also calculated for me when I told her our date. Haha
  • My period is die to start the DAY of the wedding and I've have been trying to figure out how to throw it off...PLEASE tell me how or what I can do...
  • I chose my date around this :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah that's not something I thought of. Thank God I don't get periods anymore! LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Inhisname, if you are already on birth control, you skip the white sugar pills and start the next pack of pills immediately. If you only want to move it a week, go straight to the highest dose (darkest blue) pills. If you want to move it three weeks, start at the beginning of the new pack, but be forewarned you will probably have some bleeding. If you aren't on birth control, or any of this didn't make sense, go see your ob/gyn or GP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_something-may-not-thought-of-little-personal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:493e557b-dc87-4655-a84f-988f3a2678b7Post:442503c6-1759-4fbb-ab1a-e993fe222405">Re: something you may not have thought of - a little personal</a>:
    [QUOTE]My period is die to start the DAY of the wedding and I've have been trying to figure out how to throw it off...PLEASE tell me how or what I can do...
    Posted by inhisname2010[/QUOTE]
    Like the PP said, there is nothing you can do if you're not on BC. If you are, then see your gyn to discuss how you should skip pills to change the date. Depending upon your personal hormonal levels, the guidance may be different.
  • I am not on birth control...so I need to get on bc to throw it off....ugh...idk how I feel about that but I do NOT want my menstraul cycle on the wedding.... :( 
  • Oh shiz.  Mine's the week of the wedding.  I'm not sure if I want to try to offset it.  It's usually light and only a few days, if I push it back then it's the week of the honeymoon.  If I go a week early, it's going to be crazy bad the next month.
  • Good point! I was actually on you tube watching different bridal party entrances and there was a video that said "possibly worst wedding ever" so i was curious and they showed the groom taking off his wife's garter and when she stood up she had a huge BLOOD stain on the back of her dress!! OMG horrifying!

• thank god you mentioned this. I looked on my p-tracker app on my phone and realized that I'll be on it! so called the planned parenthood (after a panicked call to my mother of course because of the whole scary breast cancer/hormone link) I have an appt tomorrow to get on it asap! Thankfully I'm starting this week so I'll be able to start my pill sunday and throw it off to the week before so I won't be all bloated and such either. god bless you ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another point-- plan any bikini waxes around it! My skin kinda flares up after so I have to time it so I'm ready for beach weather in Belize!!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • YES! I realized 3 months ago that mine will fall right on THE day! So my OBGYN has me making a few changes in the beginning of April to avoid this from happening!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_something-may-not-thought-of-little-personal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:493e557b-dc87-4655-a84f-988f3a2678b7Post:f40de955-eed1-4586-a5e1-ce2c48baede5">Re: something you may not have thought of - a little personal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not on birth control...so I need to get on bc to throw it off....ugh...idk how I feel about that but I do NOT want my menstraul cycle on the wedding.... :( 
    Posted by inhisname2010[/QUOTE]

<div>With it only being about 2 months away, your body may not have time to fully adjust before your wedding day. It can take some time. =( Just talk to a doctor and see what they say. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. Was on seasonique to only have 4 periods a year, not sexually active waiting til marriage... Stopped last July to make sure my body was still functioning normally cause want kids soon after marriage. Calculated that I'd be on my period on honeymoon, so straight to drs I went. Now I will be able to have some FUN on my wedding and honeymoon!!!
    I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_something-may-not-thought-of-little-personal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:493e557b-dc87-4655-a84f-988f3a2678b7Post:bf22bb95-e789-4484-b6c4-069420e5555f">Re: something you may not have thought of - a little personal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: something you may not have thought of - a little personal : With it only being about 2 months away, your body may not have time to fully adjust before your wedding day. It can take some time. =( Just talk to a doctor and see what they say. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]
    I was concerned about that too. My doctor said that it only takes 1 month for your body to adjust to the new cycle and also for it to become effective. She better be right!
  • [QUOTE]...so I'm ready for beach weather in Belize!!
    Posted by kmac821[/QUOTE]

That's where we are going too! I won't be at the beach, though. We will be climbing into and exploring caves most of the time. FI is a caver. :)
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards