New York-Hudson Valley

For Fun - What's the oddest thing a salesperson has said to you?

Matt and I have had a few interesting encounters since we started looking for a venue, and i thought it would be fun to post some of the more outrageous things that salespeople have said to us.

Please post yours too!

Gems from sales/coordinators:

So you’re getting married, eh? Tired of being happy? (said to the groom-to-be)

Every Sunday I think, I’m gonna quit this job, but then every Tuesday here I still am.

Let’s be honest—I don’t give a damn about the people coming to your wedding. I only can that you guys have a good time.

[points to a photograph] “Here you can see what it looks like when we set up this thing in the chapel…of course we don’t have this thing anymore so you can’t use it. But that's what it would be like if you could.”

This is your first wedding, so you’ll want it to be special. You know—you get married a second time in the future, and you want it to be like the first. But it never will be. So you’ve got to do this wedding right because you only have one first marraige.

Salesperson: There's vegatarians in your party? Who?

Me: I am.

Salesperson: Then you can go out in the yard and eat grass.

Hope this was good for a laugh! We certainly thought so!

Cheers,

Lisa Dale
(a link to my regular website: sorry - wedding link to follow soon, I hope!)
WriterLisaDale * My Blog Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: For Fun - What's the oddest thing a salesperson has said to you?

• edited December 2011
    eat grass?? they told you to eat grass??

I honestly have nothing like any of those to share!

I did have a friend say something along the lines of her mom and step dad saying to her that they understand her wanting to make her wedding special because it was the first one - I thought this was odd because they are totally implying there will be future weddings
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We once had a photographer tell us he doesn't do engagement pics anymore because they were a "waste of his time." This was minutes after we said we really wanted them.

• edited December 2011

A salesperson at a certain Bridal Shop in a huge mall in Rockland said to me (when I first started looking at dresses, and after told her I was getting married in Poughkeepsie), that it is wonderful that I am having a destination wedding, and I would look really good in a simple beach style dress, Since I am getting married in the Caribbean. (She asked me where I was from, and I said Trinidad, I am guessing saying Wappingers Falls would have been a better choice of words)

Well, my 7 yr. old step-daughter had a field with her. Kaylee said, "she is getting married 20 minutes away from our home, and she will look better dressed like a princess".

After I purchased my dress, (Casablanca 1971) Kaylee goes, maybe we take a picture and show it to the stupid bridal shop woman in the big mall. Well, Linda, at least I know what my step mom would look best in, maybe they should give me her job. (Did I mention she was the one who picked the dress for me to try on?)

Kudos to Kaylee...I love her so much!

• edited December 2011
    I can't stand when vendors nudge the groom and say , you wanna hurry up and get to the bar. No offense but if my husband needs to be drunk on our wedding day there is a problem. We both already said we aren't drinking much the day of. I already don't at weddings anyway. Also, how do people not know if the person is a recovering alcoholic or doesn't drink at all? My friends FI has never had a drink in his life, so I wonder how he dealt with those insinuations.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! Thanks for sharing, ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Love this!

makeup saleswoman: "WOW! That nail polish screams I'M SINGLE!"
    me: "Uh I'm getting married next week."
    makeup saleswoman: "Oh.....well I still like it."

What a gem.
  • edited December 2011
    I recently went to a local bridal shop at the suggestion of a friend to look at dresses. The woman would not let me go back into the room to see any of the dresses in the fist place..and all I wanted to do was LOOK! She asked me if I worked and when. I said yes, and full-time. She goes,.."oh isn't that nice." In a snooty tone...sorry that I work any pay my own way! I said thanks bu no thanks for your services and went across the street!
  • edited December 2011
    Funny RE nailcolor! But what a terrible thing to say...married or not!

Bridal shops can be so snooty...what's that about anyway?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards