Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Morning ladies!

Workout went as planned, but eating did not thanks to the work shower.  Up a little over a lb this morning, but hoping I can get that right back off today.  Today is cardio and some yoga (it's become a hybrid since our yoga video stopped working) and very healthy eating.

How is everyone doing today?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• I haven't done a single workout since I started cleaning houses, I bust my butt all day, come home too exhausted to do anything, and after doing this almost two weeks, not a single change dispite getting tons of exercise :(  I'm so discouraged :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Pounds, do you think you might need to up your calories?  Being on your feet and cleaning for that long is probably burning a ton!
    Anniversary
  • Morning!

Went to spin last night,  first time in 2 weeks, Can't believe I took that much time off!  my body was revolting from lack of exercise so I am happy to appease it with some.  going back tonight for another spin class.

Food is on target today.

Happy tuesday all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weekend for me was very eventful due to my sheer awesomeness.I made a 39 mile bike ride and 3 mile run into a 50+ mile bike ride due to a wrong turn. I'm really awesome. I made up for the run sunday by running 9 miles. I'm also moving right now. Yesterday I took a down day today I plan on running.

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Last night was an off night for me.  There was just too much going on.  Tonight I have a packed night as well so I'm hoping to get in that quick 16minute high intensity cardio video that I did last week.  It packed a punch in that short amount of time and I was sore for a couple days afterwards.
  • Good morning!

Yesterday I went on a walk with co-workers, but it was an overall pretty bad health day for me. Onlyl got 8,000 steps in total and for dinner FI and I went to a local bar that had an NPR panel discussion going on that he wanted to participate in. The food at the bar was sooo delicious, but I ended up going 300 calories over for the day (of course it was the lemonade I kept sucking down that did it).

Tonight is a gym night. I've been feeling really unmotivated but I would LIKE to get at least 45 minutes of cardio in and then at least a little weight lifting for my arms.
  • Morning ladies!

Yesterday was a looong work day so no exercise for me. Food was so-so, I bought my staff a pizza for dinner which of course I had two pieces of, bleh. But oh well, today I'll get back on track. Now that I'm in the home-stretch for the wedding I'm definitely feeling less motivated, is that weird?

Today I plan to walk the dog and swim to make up for not doing much yesterday. Eating at work will be so-so, I have to go grocery shopping because my lunch/snacks are not all that wonderful. Home-cooked meal tonight though, I'm thinking of a pork roast with veggies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:113668d6-2b53-4a39-8f59-64634eaa5c8ePost:896d41b5-0e83-44b5-9fd4-a59251f705c3">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! Yesterday was a looong work day so no exercise for me. Food was so-so, I bought my staff a pizza for dinner which of course I had two pieces of, bleh. But oh well, today I'll get back on track. Now that I'm in the home-stretch for the wedding I'm definitely feeling less motivated, is that weird? Today I plan to walk the dog and swim to make up for not doing much yesterday. Eating at work will be so-so, I have to go grocery shopping because my lunch/snacks are not all that wonderful. Home-cooked meal tonight though, I'm thinking of a pork roast with veggies.
    Posted by Scheff725[/QUOTE]
    I am definitely feeling less motivated as the wedding gets closer too. I thought it would be the opposite but I think I'm just tired! <div>
    </div><div>I'm working to get back on track but it's been a struggle. Today I'm going to do some weight lifting and 30 Day Shred. Eating should be better since FI and I finally went grocery shopping yesterday (after avoiding it for the past 2ish weeks!). </div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I had a good night.  I went to our exercise room in our condo complex and did the elliptical. 

I'm a bit frustrated.  We live on the third (top) floor and got an "excessive noise and activity" complaint last week.  Supposedly it sounded like someone was on a treadmill and was shaking the walls somewhere (we think the lady downstairs).  But talking with the downstairs lady and the guy next to us, they said they had no issues.  So now I'm afraid to workout in our place, even though it wasn't that often.  The funny thing is, we don't own a treadmill, or any exercise machine.  And the night this supposedly happened, I did some weights, with my feet planted, and then was out all night with a friend, while FI was working.  So I'm stumped and don't even know if me exercising there occasionally is an issue.  So any motivation I get to do some aerobics or anything, then gets thwarted because I either have to go to the exercise room or the gym, which isn't always part of my motivation.  Ugh.  <vent/>
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Sorry I've been MIA for a few days! I've been super busy packing and trying to get ready for moving this weekend. Yesterday I ran 3.25 miles and lifted, back and abs. I got in a good run on Saturday too and a nice arm burn. Hope everyone is having a good week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good Morning!  I half-assed it at the gym last night, so I am hoping tonight I'll be back in full force.  This is usually the weight I am at when I hit a slump!  Do you guys have any advice for how to push through this slump?  I feel like I always get stuck here.

Obviously half-assing it at the gym doesn’t help!  So I think I'll start by revving up the exercise this week.

Food is good so far, just trying to decide what to make for dinner.
    Visit The Knot! "Oh, thinkin' about all our younger years There was only you and me We were young and wild and free Now nothin' can take you away from me"
  • Good morning! I worked out last night (day one of week 4 on c2dk) and am hoping to continue with it this week. I got weighed in on Saturday at weight watchers. I am down another .8lbs (totaling 9.9lbs) I am hoping to hit my 10lb mark!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • walk-run today. Yesterday went well with no added sugar, can't wait to have leftover chicken and squash again for lunch :)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey Ladies--

Yesterday was super busy I just couldn't post and remembered as I was laying down in bed!  Weekend I went over because I was in my hometown but I tried to keep in mind ways of keeping it semi healthy ie fruit instead of fries etc.

Yesterday went well, back on the 12-1300 cal thing.  Worked out did 40 min on the tredmil and then weights and stretching.  Last night spent over an hour preparing spring rolls for lunch for the next couple days so we will see how they turn out at noon :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good start to their week :)
  • @christine congrats on the almost 10lbs! you can do it!

I didn't work out yesterday or sunday so i'm feeling a little blue. Today is the FI's birthday so idk that i'm going to get a chance tonight either! i really wish i was better at getting up in the AM and working out. then i would be prepared for whatever might come my way in the afternoons. any encouragement for getting up in the morning??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:113668d6-2b53-4a39-8f59-64634eaa5c8ePost:c2b0851c-421d-4371-b487-f34c36ae8655">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]@christine congrats on the almost 10lbs! you can do it! I didn't work out yesterday or sunday so i'm feeling a little blue. Today is the FI's birthday so idk that i'm going to get a chance tonight either! i really wish i was better at getting up in the AM and working out. then i would be prepared for whatever might come my way in the afternoons.<strong> any encouragement for getting up in the morning??</strong>
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

I definitely prefer AM workouts...it always gives me sense of accomplishment in the morning and I have my workout done for the day...plus it usually means I will eat healthier! A few tips:

1) Make sure you have your workout planned the night before and your clothes so you can change right when you get up.
    2) Set your alarm 10-15 minutes before you actually want to get up so you can spent a few minutes "waking up"
    3) Remind yourself of how great you will feel once you get going and especially after you finish.

I just moved to Atlanta, where it is super humid so I have to get up early to run...and there are days where I don't want to...but I remember how great I will feel after and that usually helps. The most important part is actually getting out there!!

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards