Massachusetts-Boston

The Pros

Has anyone used the Pros before? I am thinking of using them for my DJ, Video and Photo's and was wondering if anyone had a any feedback.

Thanks!
DIStickers.com Ticker

Re: The Pros

• edited December 2011
    99.9% of the girls here will tell you to run far, far away from the The Pros. They are famous for calling and emailing you even if you don't go with them. There's also no guarantee on what person will show up on your day. It could be someone with no experience that you've never met.

You waaay better off going with local independent vendors and there are tons of them in this area. If you let us know how much you want to spend on each, the girls here can make fabulous suggestions.
  • MisheyldMisheyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Completely agree with JBs_Bride.  I would not use them.  I actually considered it until I went to one of their promotional events.  They did not present themselves well at all, and it felt like they were just trying to get my money.  I'm so glad that I found local indepentant vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also tell you to run. I was considering using them as well until I found out that there i no guarantee the person that would be there on your day will be someone you have even met. I still get calls and e-mails from them :/
  • edited December 2011
    RUN.  As everyone has said it's better to use someone local.  I regret the day I inquired for more information from them.  I have told them I already found a photographer (which I did), and that I don't want video, etc.  and I still get regular calls asking if I need their services.  Ack!@#$
  • edited December 2011
    I did hire them for all services...photo, video & DJ for our upcoming wedding on 11/11/11.  There have been a few bumps since I signed on with them over a year and a half ago... but this was due to the professional hired and not the company themselves. 

I will be very open and honest about my experience with them after my wedding and after we receive our photos and Video.    Before I chose my professionals from their list, I did my best to find information about the specific individuals I was reviewing online...looked at their (The Videograper & Photographer's) own Business websites and spoke to a few people who had used the particular individual so I feel that I did my best to be sure that the actual professionals working our wedding are very good quality.  You will read both positive and (but most likely more) negative reviews about the company but like I said, after my wedding I will be more than happy to review the company as well as the individuals.  

Somehow, with all of my research on the company I found nothing negative (I still don't understand how they were missed) until after I signed with them, and addressed my concerns with them directly - some of which PP's have listed above.  You can PM me if you'd like and I will get back to you after our wedding.  

Good Luck with whomever you chose!  If you decide to wait till after the 11th I can fill you in on my experience.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I do want to add that I have a cousin who got married in August in Massachusetts and she hired the Pros for all of her services and she loved them, went off without a hitch.  My mom said she (my mom) was like a hawk watching all the professionals at the wedding...looking out for any mishaps and such.  She didn't see any, everyone had a great time and there were no problems.  (We had no idea that she had also hired the pros until about a month before her wedding.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Agree with other PP's. Meet with independent photogs/videographers/dj's. I have heard all negative stuff with them. I also get hounded by them nearly everyday because I peeked on the site before I knew what it was about. This is your wedding day, the last thing you want to do is skimp on your memories by not knowing, meeting, or seeing your photographer/videographers work. If your intriqued by the low cost, ask on here instead. Many of us will have good suggestions for indpenedent affordable vendors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MisheyldMisheyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have an showcase event coming up at the Sheraton Boston, I think it's next week.  I only know that because I work there.   I went to one at the Westin when I started planning and that is what scared me away.  But I would suggest going and talking with them then you can see for yourself.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone.  I did meet with them and actually found them well represented. But I also understand about not sending the person you hired.
    I would like to hear how your wedding went with them
    ourwedding111111.  I love the message boards for everyone's honest opinion.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards