California-Tahoe
Options

Trouble locating reception site/South Lake Tahoe, CA

I just got engaged not even a week ago.  We've choose June 2, 2012 - 11 months out.  So I've started planning already.

I just started my search for a reception site - We're getting married in South Lake Tahoe, CA.  I am having some difficulty finding an actual reception site.  We're getting married on/near the beach.

I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten married in South Lake Tahoe and used a reception site they loved and was affordable or could even bring in your own caterer.

Re: Trouble locating reception site/South Lake Tahoe, CA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged not even a week ago.  We've choose June 2, 2012 - 11 months out.  So I've started planning already.

I just started my search for a reception site - We're getting married in South Lake Tahoe, CA.  I am having some difficulty finding an actual reception site.  We're getting married on/near the beach.

I'm just curious if anyone else has gotten married in South Lake Tahoe and used a reception site they loved and was affordable or could even bring in your own caterer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Edgewood for our wedding in January 2012. It's beautiful but if you're looking for a Saturday in June it's pretty pricy. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Jaime E.Jaime E. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out the Lake Tahoe Wedding and Honeymoon Association as well as Weddings of the West. There are so many venues in our area that no one has even heard of and are really beautiful. 

You can also check out Tahoe Paradise Park, Zephyr Cove Resort, Lakeside Beach, Roundhill Pines... just to name a few. 

Best of luck!
    Jaime

Rose Street Studio | Photo.Video.Photobooth.
  • Options
    asudezineasudezine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at The Ridge Resort (beautiful garden) and great, great rooms and rates. The staff is super to work with. We're shuttling our guests after to Ski Run Marina for a sunset cruise on the Tahoe Queen. They offer discounts for groups over 35-40. It's a 2.5 hour cruise around the lake. Can't do all the traditional reception things as there will be public on board as well, unless you rent out boat. But, very unique! Live music every night too!
  • Options
    ashleesniderashleesnider member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented out the restaurant in Harrahs hotel (its beautiful) Harveys has an amazing one too. 
  • Options
    mbgallagmbgallag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Lakeside beach, and had our reception at Embassy (see vendor review post above). They didn't have a site fee, just a food & drink minimum, which was nice. The food was good, and it comes w/ a wedding coordinator who is very good but also very strong-minded. We were very happy with how everything turned out though and we were on a budget.
  • Options
    We used the Tahoe Bleu Wave. We used the Cork N' More for catering.

photo credit Aravaggio Photography
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards