Florida-North Florida

DJs, flowers, cake in St. Augustine

I am finally checking off the lists, but these three things I have yet to settle down on. Anyone have any good recommendations or who they used for any of the above?  We have a tight budget but if we find cheaper for one then we can use more for the others.  Thanks for your help ladies!

Re: DJs, flowers, cake in St. Augustine

• My wedding is next month. So I can't give you a "these people were GREAT" reviews, but I can tell you who I felt comfortable with...

DJ: I am going with DJ Steadman. No he isn't as famous or popular as the bigger companies, but that just means he has more time to focus on you and your wedding. He can cater to your budget, too, which was great for me because I am on a really REALLY tiny one lol He is just all around great!

Flowers: Bold Blooms in Green Cove Springs. Valerie has been soooo patient with me and my 1 million different ideas and changes. She is super down to earth and affordable and has been a dream to work with.

Cake: 3 Sister's Chocolate. They might be a wee bit more expensive BUT the cake is one of the most photographed items at the reception (in my mind) and I wanted to make sure it was done by a company I trusted (I grew up with them right down the road lol) and be moist at the same time. Nicole does amazing work (check them out on facebook) and I actually can't wait to see the cake! She drew a sketch for me and it was exactly what I wanted.

Hope these helped you a bit! Good luck!!
  • Cake - Publix bakery - They have the best cake and very reasonably priced

Florist - Ditto Navywife on Bold Blooms - Valerie is great. 

DJ - I am using DJ Thundercat - he has packages starting at $900. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_djs-flowers-cake-st-augustine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:8e7a0dde-0c8c-45d6-a568-08538f040479Post:5d128112-fb32-434c-a8ef-e25580159756">Re: DJs, flowers, cake in St. Augustine</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is next month. So I can't give you a "these people were GREAT" reviews, but I can tell you who I felt comfortable with... DJ: I am going with DJ Steadman. No he isn't as famous or popular as the bigger companies, but that just means he has more time to focus on you and your wedding. He can cater to your budget, too, which was great for me because I am on a really REALLY tiny one lol He is just all around great! <strong>Flowers: Bold Blooms in Green Cove Springs. Valerie has been soooo patient with me and my 1 million different ideas and changes. She is super down to earth and affordable and has been a dream to work with.</strong> Cake: 3 Sister's Chocolate. They might be a wee bit more expensive BUT the cake is one of the most photographed items at the reception (in my mind) and I wanted to make sure it was done by a company I trusted (I grew up with them right down the road lol) and be moist at the same time. Nicole does amazing work (check them out on facebook) and I actually can't wait to see the cake! She drew a sketch for me and it was exactly what I wanted. Hope these helped you a bit! Good luck!!
    Posted by Navywife310[/QUOTE]

I second Bold Blooms - Valerie is doing my flowers as well. Great person to work with and unbeatable prices. They are so down to earth and just really want to help!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DJ Joey of St. Augustine DJs (staugustinedjs.com) The Conservatorie Florist (theconservatoriedesign.com) Sweet Weddings (sweetweddings.com)
  • DJ - Disc Jockeys to Go
    Florist - Floriade Florist (in Jax Beach) - she did my sister's wedding and she's wonderful, I felt very comfortable with her and her prices, she is super creative, will only take one wedding each weekend
    Cake - Defore's - it's a mother/daughter team, they email with me about things and I've heard a lot of good things about them. I had tried to meet with sweet weddings but I couldn't get her to return my voicemails or emails... no one ever picked up even during their hours then when I heard from her their hours were not very flexible and her soonest appt was like a month out. Everyone always raves about their cakes tho but I think they're much pricier than Defores
    • DJ I used ABCDJs. For us he was THE BEST price ! Better then the original loony we had booked.
    • Bold Blooms : I used them too. Valerie was so sweet the pricing was really good except I imagined my boquet a lot bigger then it was but I dealt with it since I am not a huge flower freak.
    • We got our cake from a Publix and it was terrible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards