Destination Weddings Discussions

Opinions on wristbands?

Background: We are having our wedding on a cruise and at least 50 people are going. Most of the people won't know each other, but we would like for them all to get to know each other. We have kind of named the cruise 'the family union fun boat.'

Question: Do you think giving everyone silicone wristbands, like the livestrong ones, would be a good idea? So everyone will know who is part of the group. We were thinking possibly red ones that say love on them, or something like that. And if you don't like this idea, what are some other ideas that you have?

Re: Opinions on wristbands?

• Thats a cute idea!!! I like it because they can wear it all week.  I had a friend who made up T-Shirts for everyone.  They wore them on the plane though so they could identify eachother.  I don't beleive they wore them all week.  Bands would work as long as people can see them.  Red or another bright colour would be eyecathing and noticeable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am hoping that our guests will feel the same way as you. We want it to be something noticeable for our guests to look out for, but not cheesy or a big sign to everyone else. And we want them to want to wear it all week, rather than just one night and be done with it.
  • I think it's a cute idea.  Maybe you could do your names and wedding date?  I'm not sure if you can find custom ones or not. 

• The wedding I was just at last weekend did this as part of the check in into the wedding. It was great and I've enjoyed wearing it afterwards too!  Doubles as a favor!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_opinions-wristbands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:743e6c80-56c8-4efe-8543-585eaa663794Post:ab9b4c1b-f443-4623-a8fb-f5c720aa2571">Re: Opinions on wristbands?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The wedding I was just at last weekend did this as part of the check in into the wedding. It was great and I've enjoyed wearing it afterwards too!  Doubles as a favor!
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about putting them in the welcome bag in their room and just saying a little something about it in the letter. What did they have written on theirs?
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_opinions-wristbands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:743e6c80-56c8-4efe-8543-585eaa663794Post:b2bebfb8-9cae-4732-b6ec-6abfe5faed6e">Re: Opinions on wristbands?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opinions on wristbands? : I was thinking about putting them in the welcome bag in their room and just saying a little something about it in the letter. What did they have written on theirs?
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

It has their foundation name on it.  I would keep it as something they can wear afterwards. Maybe talk to a few friends and see what they think to put on it.  They also had the foundation's website on the inside of the band...so you could do something simple on the outside and then your names and date on the inside.  Maybe the cruise destination or a saying.  I won't really do love because the guys won't wear that usually.
  • I really, really, REALLY like this idea!  I think it's a great but subtle idea to draw attention to the group with you.  Its not a tshirt that says "Hey we're with the bride and groom" or whatnot and doesn't draw unwanted attention!  I know I would be more apt to wear a bracelet of a bright color (probably not pink for the guys!) then a tshirt or hat or something..and it's easier to keep on through swimming, sunning, showering, etc.

Another possible idea even though I love the wristbands could be some type of bag (which I see you said a welcome bag).  I know a lot of old marrieds say that people use the bags for the beach and such, so that could also be used to locate one another!

Let us know what you decide and where you get the wristbands from!
  • I'm still unsure of what to write on them. I want it to somehow go with the wedding, but be neutral enough to where they can wear it when they come back home. A suggestion my FI had was 'forever' or 'forever one.' Guess we will have to contemplate on that one for a while longer, or ask the DIY ladies. They are pretty good at coming up with wording.

I've looked at several websites and they all seem to be around a dollar for the debossed. I'll let you know what I end up getting when we get around to ordering them.
  • I love this idea!!!!   why not just put the wedding date on it? 
  • I agree with the PP. This is a super cute idea!

Just as a suggestion, I like the website reminderbands.com. The experience I've had with them has been very positive. My family had some bands made in 2005 for my cousin who died in a car accident. They were inexpensive and I've worn mine everyday since the end of '05 and it's still intact.
  • I really like this idea!  I've actually been on a few cruise weddings and I appreciate things like this since I usually don't know anyone else.

Another thing you can do is make a list of who everyone is and what cabin they are in.  When I make friends I like to swing by their cabin and invite them somewhere in the evening (and that's pretty much how I met FI!).  So having a list is handy.  One bride even went around to every cabin and put special door hangers on everyone's doors so we could find each other that way, too!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards