Illinois-Chicago

Where to look for dress?

I am trying to find a few good places to go for my first wedding dress shopping experience. I am going to figure out what styles I like, because I really dont have any idea what I will like. Not really looking to find the one. Does anyone have any good suggestions? 

Re: Where to look for dress?

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay dress shopping is fun! Do you know what your budget is? I think ladies might be able to offer some suggestions if you know what your range is. 
  • divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knowing budget helps for sure!!!!
    In my situation, I had some criteria before I even made an appt. I wanted something different, highly embellished, a ball gown and WOW. So I started researching designers websites and found Casablanca Bridal and their dresses blew me away.  Even the dresses that I didnt like were so absolutely amazing that I went through the entire website and wrote down 7 item#s. I then found Shelley's Bridal in West Dundee which is very close to my house. Out of the 7 items they only had 1 of them as a sample. They are a very small store but LOVE them. We pulled 9 more dresses and the Casablanca one was the first one I tried on, and guess what.....that is the one I got!!!!! Within the 9 I tried on mermaid, trumpet and all diff types but I felt just as beautiful the second time I put it on. It is such an amazing feeling and sooooo exciting!!!!!! And the dress was $300 under budget. Shelleys doesnt have any dresses over $2300 and they are great with sticking to budget even if a family member wants you to try something on that is over your consultant will privately come up to you and ask and will not put it in the room unless you say OK.
    Good Luck, this is such an awesome time for you!!!!
    Oh one more thing.....my dress takes 5months to make so keep that in the back of your mind :)

I know this was a lot...sorry!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would highly reccommend the Crystal Bride in Geneva. They have a great selection and most of the dresses I tried on were between $1,000 and $1,500.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I would check out Wedding Belles in Barrington.  They're all sample gowns with amazing prices.  It's in an old mansion, and the whole atmosphere is so cozy and welcoming.  The women there were wonderful!  Not your typical rushed or pushy consultants.  I got a great deal on my dress, and they also had good recommendations for alterations.  Happy shopping! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Crystal Bride!!
  • Belle Vie Bridal Couture! I got my Lazaro there. Highly recommended, not pushy at all.
  •  I second Wedding Belles.  I didn't get my dress there (got mine at David's) but my best friend got hers there and they were great!  
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Today I went to Volle's in Lake Zurich - it was my sixth and final store.  Their selection is great and Pamela was amazing!   would suggest trying there first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• I loved my experience at Brides by Demetrios in Woodfield.  It was the fouth place I went and the only great experience I had.
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • Jacqueline210Jacqueline210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoyed my experience at Weddings 826. I was looking for a nontraditional dress, and they had some really interesting options. It's in the city on Armitage.
  • I had a great experience at the Macy's Bridal Salon on State.  It was really quiet (I was the only bride there) and my consultant, Nan, was great about finding dresses I would love and fit my budget.  They are so sweet and genuine there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my dress at Kathryns bridal in Mchenry. I think their dresses start at 1,000. They are super nice and my dress came in 3 months early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards