Wedding Invitations & Paper

When to order invites

How far in advance of when you sent out invites did you order/buy them? I'm getting mine from minted.com (GiltCity deal a while back, what what) if that makes any difference.
Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com

Re: When to order invites

• I procrastinated and ordered them in mid-January. They had to go out early February. Thank goodness they got here in like 2 days!  I shouldn't have done that, so don't follow my example!  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Minted is pretty quick with turnaround times. The invitations should be sent out about 8 weeks ahead of the wedding, so I'd give yourself a buffer of a few weeks prior to that so you can address them, be sure there are no mistakes, etc. 

Really, you can order them as soon as you have finalized the information - just wait to send them out until the appropriate time. 
  • bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Just popping in to say that I'm jealous that you got a gilt city deal for minted!
    Anniversary
  • We used Vista Print Groupons and ordered a bit at a time as we purchased Groupons, We had everything we needed (invite, RSVP card, reception card) about a mont - 3 weeks before we sent them out. We took a weekend to address and stuff them all and sent them last week. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards