April 2013 Weddings
Options

Stress

As the time gets closer, it seems like more and more things are starting to fall apart. I've had a few breakdowns this week and can't seem to keep it together. If it's not my dress, it's the videographer...or the band...or my bridal shower. Just a little overwhelmed right now and no one seems to understand it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stress

• Options
    vanityinkvanityink member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    1) You shouldn't have any stress over your bridal shower. Not about planning it at least. You aren't hosting, so much of that should be left up to your host (BMs, MOH, Mom, etc.)

2) What I keep telling myself is that I have over two months to fix anything if there's a problem right now. Just keep an eye on things and do your best to convince yourself you'll be able to fix it all even if there's a problem. It's what I'm doing at least...
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b29c7651-3229-45d4-98d4-ce124f51feb0Post:715385ef-208c-4484-ae7f-195534db0271">Re: Stress</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) You shouldn't have any stress over your bridal shower. Not about planning it at least. You aren't hosting, so much of that should be left up to your host (BMs, MOH, Mom, etc.) 2) What I keep telling myself is that I have over two months to fix anything if there's a problem right now. Just keep an eye on things and do your best to convince yourself you'll be able to fix it all even if there's a problem. It's what I'm doing at least...
    Posted by jessicadall[/QUOTE]

Well the stress with my shower, more or less, is that my FMIL is inviting a crap ton of people to the shower....most of which are NOT invited to the wedding. I told her she can't do that but she said she is in charge and can if she wants. I told her that's horrible and gift grabby and she's gonna make us look bad. Then I got the "well maybe you should have invited them in the first place" guilt trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yah that sucks. Really the only thing you can do to is decline the shower. If you are willing to say no to the shower maybe she'll cool it on the guest list. And really- your FI should be handling that too. Yes, it's your shower, but it is his mother, so he should be stepping up and talking to her and telling her she needs to not invite those people, and if she already did, then she is the one who can call them and tell them never mind. Because it's true, you guys, and her, will look bad. Lame she's like that :/

But I get you too. It is stressful the last few months, but I keep reminding myself it is only stressful to me and to remember not to drive my friends nuts talking only about the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are the people she's inviting HER friends? If so, let it be -- she'll look bad, not you. When you get all of those gifts, just write over-the-top, extremely grateful thank you notes. 

As for the other stuff, I totally get it. I feel like there's little things every day. I'm just trying to divide and conquer -- delegate what I can, and prioritize what needs to be done when it has to be done by me (and I'm a control freak, so I think just about everything HAS to be done by me!)

Let's just say these haven't been my most productive days of work lately!
  • Options
    I've been so tired since I got back from the holidays and my two jobs are ramping up like crazy!  I had a fun wedding nightmare last night that the wedding was today and I was totally unprepared.  I had a different dress so I didn't have any undergarments for it, since I don't need anything special for the dress I actually chose.  I also dreamt that some of FI's exes were there but they were blonde supermodels wearing white dresses (so basically they looked nothing like his actual exes).  Then, I looked in the mirror and had this awful long, streaking orange and platinum hairstyle *shudders*.

In short, I feel ya on the stress :-/  I think that I haven't had any breakdowns because I haven't had any time to, wah :'-(  I'm just trying to remind myself that we're going to Costa Rica the day after lol.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Stress:[QUOTE]As the time gets closer, it seems like more and more things are starting to fall apart. I've had a few breakdowns this week and can't seem to keep it together. If it's not my dress, it's the videographer...or the band...or my bridal shower. Just a little overwhelmed right now and no one seems to understand it! Posted by shanding4787[/QUOTE]

I feel you on that! Stress every where I go. Im starting to just count down to honeymoon lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b29c7651-3229-45d4-98d4-ce124f51feb0Post:b6129ed5-198c-481b-a421-0af3e26d5532">Re: Stress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are the people she's inviting HER friends? If so, let it be -- she'll look bad, not you. When you get all of those gifts, just write over-the-top, extremely grateful thank you notes.  As for the other stuff, I totally get it. I feel like there's little things every day. I'm just trying to divide and conquer -- delegate what I can, and prioritize what needs to be done when it has to be done by me (and I'm a control freak, so I think just about everything HAS to be done by me!) Let's just say these haven't been my most productive days of work lately!
    Posted by lpick21[/QUOTE]

Yes they are her friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just found out today I have a chemistry exam the morning of my wedding! If only I had known I'd be in nursing school, I would've postponed the wedding a week.. Or at least gotten married on a Saturday. Ugh.. But sacrifices have to be made sometimes. It'll all work out
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Did you talk to your prof?  Maybe you can take it a week early or something.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Did you talk to your prof?  Maybe you can take it a week early or something.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I have seen a lot of the these posts lately :) I am super stressed as well. I am tired, cranky and do not want to make anymore decisions or work on any more projects....
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b29c7651-3229-45d4-98d4-ce124f51feb0Post:c0429ae0-a787-4ce4-9abc-41d8d5861931">Re: Stress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have seen a lot of the these posts lately :) I am super stressed as well. I am tired, cranky and do not want to make anymore decisions or work on any more projects....
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I think FI is ready to disown me.  It's probably a good thing he's deployed in Cali ;-)

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b29c7651-3229-45d4-98d4-ce124f51feb0Post:775b7477-05ba-46c3-af9c-4341187861f8">Re:Stress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found out today I have a chemistry exam the morning of my wedding! If only I had known I'd be in nursing school, I would've postponed the wedding a week.. Or at least gotten married on a Saturday. Ugh.. But sacrifices have to be made sometimes. It'll all work out
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

I can't help but the think the professor would let you come in the day before to take the test, I'm sure they'd understand, I mean, it's not a vacation or something, it's your wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Stress:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Stress:I just found out today I have a chemistry exam the morning of my wedding! If only I had known I'd be in nursing school, I would've postponed the wedding a week.. Or at least gotten married on a Saturday. Ugh.. But sacrifices have to be made sometimes. It'll all work outPosted by allychaseI can't help but the think the professor would let you come in the day before to take the test, I'm sure they'd understand, I mean, it's not a vacation or something, it's your wedding! Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure I can take it some other time but its just something else to worry about lol I haven't spoken to her about it yet, I forgot to after class.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards