Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Anyone having carrot cake?

It seems like when people ask me what kind of cake and I say carrot cake, I get that "look".  Geez people...lol!  Anyway, how are you describing it on your menu?

Re: Anyone having carrot cake?

• edited December 2011
    ME! ME! ME!  I can't wait to have my wedding cake.  I LOVE carrot cake.  The one thing I am doing is different layers, therefore there will be something other than carrot cake....I say if it is what you want GO FOR IT!!!! This is you and DF's day!!
  • edited December 2011
    It's not a super popular flavour, and while I'd never choose it as my first pick, I'm always down with eating cake.

We did passionfruit mousse & vanilla cake and chocolate macadamia nut mousse & vanilla cake.
  • edited December 2011
    I am!!! I LOVE carrot cake! I am having banana cake as the top layer, carrot cake as the middle, and the bottom is going to be two separate layers - one chocolate and one vanilla (for the traditionalists). I am indecisive, so I just got some of each!
    Omigosh! October 9th is coming at me quick!
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_anyone-having-carrot-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:cdb75ff8-4fc7-4025-87db-4083a74dcd96Post:6ffa0f61-7aaa-4a1d-a61e-8593771b38f4">Re: Anyone having carrot cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am!!! I LOVE carrot cake! I am having banana cake as the top layer, carrot cake as the middle, and the bottom is going to be two separate layers - one chocolate and one vanilla (for the traditionalists). I am indecisive, so I just got some of each!
    Posted by amazonearl[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think - I am having carrot cake as my top tier, chocolate cake as my middle tier, and banana cake as my bottom tier!!

I was really surprised FI went for the banana cake, he doesn't usually like it that much, but when we sampled the flavours he liked our bakers version more than chocolate even.
  • edited December 2011
    I am totally having carrot cake. FI and I have decided to do lots of smaller cakes to have more variety and more of a dessert bar feel. We are for sure having Carrot, Red velvet, and lemon because those are my favorites. We are also having chocolate raspberry and pink champagne because he loves those. Then we are offering chocolate, vanilla, and a multitude of pies, cookies, brownies, etc.

If someone looked at me funny for saying I am having carrot cake I might just punch them. Ok, I wouldn't punch them. I just really, really like cake, obviously.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dom922dom922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!  Thanks ladies...that's reassuring
  • edited December 2011

I'd use terms like rich, moist, decadent, to describe the carrot cake, I adore this flavor but my fella shot me down :)

• edited December 2011

I'm having carrot cake for my whole cake. I keep getting the look from people, too. But you know what .. there's a groom's cake they can eat if they want. More delicious carrot cake for me!!!

(And if they're not nice, I'll make both cakes carrot! muwhahahah!)

Clever girl.

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I are big carrot cake fans. We are definitely having at least one layer of carrot cake, but we aren't sure which one yet.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    It's mine and my FI's fav!!!  We will def. have carrot cake....we'll prob also have some standard cake (white/chocolate who cares lol) for guest opposed to the awesomeness that is carrot cake :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're having carrot cake for our bottom & top layers. The middle is italian creme cake. Delish!!  The groom's cake is going to be german chocolate.

You're wedding; have the cake you love :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards