July 2012 Weddings

Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)

Right now I am just wearing a strapless push up bra from VS under my dress.  However I am a size D chest and I feel like my dress swallows my chest up completely.  I don't want my ladies to be out and about but at the same time I feel like you can't see anything at all.  Do you think I should start a search for maybe a corset pushup bra?  Also my dress has boning in the top so I am not sure if a corset will be too much on top of the boning.  What do you ladies think? 

Edit:

Also the top is 2 sizes too big so in this pic they just have it pinned.  Maybe once they take it in it will fit better?

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)

• Honestly, I think your chest looks great hahaha. If you went much more push-upy, you would just be spilling out the top. They look big-ish while still being classy, if that makes sense.

I don't think wearing a corset underneath your dress that already has boning in it would be very comfortable. Perhaps you could placing cup inserts into your strapless bra if you need just a little bit more "oomph"? I looked a pinch too flat in my dress, so my seamstress is adding padded cups into the built-in bra that I have - it really worked wonders. My seamstress' assistant told me it looked sexy and then she blushed and giggled about it, maybe that would help you as well?
  • I think it just looks like it's too big right now (congrats on that by that way...kickboxing must be working well for you!).  I think that once it's taken in, your chest will be more prominent in it since it looks like the biggest part is around the "band size" under your chest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • I don't think your chest looks flat or swallowed by the dress either.  I would wait until after it's altered to decide though.
  • I bought a corset to wear under my dress because the boning in the chest does not match where the boning in MY chest actually is lol. I felt like a strapless bra wasn't gravity defying enough. I love the corset I bought and it is super comfortable and zips in the front. I will try it on with my dress on Monday. I'm hoping that it fills the dress nicely. The seamstress said that because the bodice in the dress already had boning I would have to add some pushup to help me out.
  • Thanks for giving me permission to oogle your chest, LADY.

That being said, wait until your next fitting to see how it looks.  I have a feeling a pushup corset/bra will give you TOO much of a lift and cheapen the look, and it may not even fit with how they are taking it in.  I think your dress looks beautiful as is and super classy.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_need-your-opinions-on-my-chest-and-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3433cf6f-d799-40f6-8549-157f5ab860c4Post:55bf4b8b-9734-4611-b51b-e7664bf52270">Re: Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for giving me permission to oogle your chest, LADY. That being said, wait until your next fitting to see how it looks.  I have a feeling a pushup corset/bra will give you TOO much of a lift and cheapen the look, and it may not even fit with how they are taking it in.  I think your dress looks beautiful as is and super classy.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

This.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_need-your-opinions-on-my-chest-and-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3433cf6f-d799-40f6-8549-157f5ab860c4Post:55bf4b8b-9734-4611-b51b-e7664bf52270">Re: Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for giving me permission to oogle your chest, LADY. That being said, wait until your next fitting to see how it looks.  I have a feeling a pushup corset/bra will give you TOO much of a lift and cheapen the look, and it may not even fit with how they are taking it in.  I think your dress looks beautiful as is and super classy.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I didn't tell you I wanted to look like a cheap sl*t on my wedding day?  They are going to be fitting the top for me next Wednesday so I will see it at my 3rd fitting. 
  • I think it just looks too big.  That said, I did get a long-line corset type bra and love what it does for me.  I am a 36D and it is amazing. I have a corset style dress, and thought having both might be too much, but the bra just holds me up better.  Maybe after they alter it you will have a better idea?
    Anniversary
  • I agree with PPs -- I wouldn't get anything that pushes you up TOO much because right now it looks clean and classy and slimming. And although I've already said this a few times, I absolutely LOVE your dress!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where can I find boobie tassles in bridal white?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_need-your-opinions-on-my-chest-and-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3433cf6f-d799-40f6-8549-157f5ab860c4Post:5dae8d2b-4130-4f4f-ac9b-c6eefe6bbe0c">Re: Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PPs -- I wouldn't get anything that pushes you up TOO much because right now it looks clean and classy and slimming. And although I've already said this a few times, I absolutely LOVE your dress!!!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!
  • one time my mom and I watched a beach wedding that we happened to walk into in Florida and the bridesmaids wore see-through dresses with thongs and pasties (sp?) underneath, that would be classy too!!
  • PS Lady I am with bridetobe - I am obsessed with your dress too!!! It really flatters your already super-skinny bod!
  • I didn't tell you guys this is the look I was going for?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_need-your-opinions-on-my-chest-and-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3433cf6f-d799-40f6-8549-157f5ab860c4Post:4e08c58a-9809-4c32-a2c7-70e86f616e41">Re: Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS Lady I am with bridetobe - I am obsessed with your dress too!!! It really flatters your already super-skinny bod!
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_need-your-opinions-on-my-chest-and-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:3433cf6f-d799-40f6-8549-157f5ab860c4Post:bdaa4269-86f0-4852-b957-ae0f9b2b4f4d">Re: Need your opinions on my chest and my dress :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where can I find boobie tassles in bridal white?
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you just put "boobie tassles" and "bridal white" in the same sentence. I mean, I can. But still. That's amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hahahahaha.. boobie tassles.

Does your bridal store have different bra styles you can try on with your dress? So you can get a better idea of what looks best under your dress. I'd hate for you to buy a corset bra and then it doesn't work out. See if they have different options for you to try out while you're there
  • I agree with Nati! I think you look great, but if you want to see how a corset would look you should try one on with the dress and post more photos!
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like to oogle. :)

Do you WANT your girls to show a bit? If so, I'd get cups or a push up strapless bra to wear. I'd not buy a corset bra if you already have a corset in the dress.

FI likes some cleavage, maybe yours does too?? Haha
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree love...Wait until your next fitting because the dress is toooo big!!  gorgeous darling
  • IDK, it's hard to say. What did your seamstress recommend? At first I just had a strapless bra and mine suggested the longline corset bra and it made a world of difference as to moving my chest in an upwards direction without pushing them out of the top of the dress. 
  • Thanks everyone they were waiting to take in the top at my next fitting since I am still losing weight.  They can only do it 1 time b/c I have beading that has to be hand removed and resewn so when I go next week they are going to take in the top.  I will get a better idea at my 3rd fitting but I am thinking that it might help to get cups sewn into my dress on top of wearing my strapless bra.  I don't want them to be out a lot but I do like to see at least something!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards