Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Stephenville-area brides?

I know Stephenville is a good ways from DFW, but you are the closest forum that TK has.

I'm looking for an outdoor venue in the Stephenville area. Any ideas?
May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Band

Re: Stephenville-area brides?

• edited December 2011
    My friend that lives out there had hers in a barn type venue. I don't remember the name but I remember seeing it in my initial venue searches. The website looked really 80s cheesy but the actual venue is real pretty. I will let you know if I find the name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I found it, it's whisperingcreekranch.com, but it's in Granbury. Is that too far?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for helping! But Granbury is a bit too far. I'm looking for something within about 15 miles of Stephenville.
  • edited December 2011
    I was given a recommendation by someone I know in Stephenville. She says to check out Bella Vita Ranch.  It's relatively new and apparently quite beautiful.  This is someone with a very good eye for beautiful things, so I trust her rec.

You might check them out: http://thebellavitaranch.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried googling for "outdoor wedding venue stephenville tx"? Or checked out weddingwire.com to search for them? You can put in a zip code so they list venues in order of closet to farthest. Is there a reason you have to have it in Stephenville? I would think 30 minutes wouldn't be that big of a deal, especially for a wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I've tried google, but it showed mostly various wedding search engines and a few places that are too far. The only thing within 25 miles of S'ville listed on Wedding Wire was Bella Vita.

I just contacted Bella Vita for more info. But I have a feeling they will be way out of my budget!

I really appreciate your help! Options are very limited here!
  • edited December 2011
    did you see my last question?
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, just read it. Sorry! 

Stephenville is our "home" - where we met, we both went to Tarleton, etc. Also, my family is all from North Texas (Wichita Falls area) and his brothers are spread all over south Texas. It's a centralized location.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Idk what your budget is but there is Rough Creek Lodge in Glen Rose (Idk how far in miles that is from Stephenville)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_stephenville-area-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ef18bb6f-62bd-45a2-8fc0-fa469bc27582Post:d5782928-e82f-4e3a-9d66-7feb05bcc94c"><u><font color="#0000ff">Re: Stephenville-area brides?</font></u></a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, just read it. Sorry!  Stephenville is our "home" - where we met, we both went to Tarleton, etc. Also, my family is all from North Texas (Wichita Falls area) and his brothers are spread all over south Texas. It's a centralized location.
    Posted by sapphirebouquet[/QUOTE]

I still don't see why 30 minutes away is a deal breaker. It's still central for Texas. My photographer lives in Stephenville and she said the only venues there are Bella Vita and City Hall, which is an event venue side of a huge bar. There's not a lot of options in Stephenville. She said Granbury and Glen Rose (which are very close, only 30 or less minutes away) have far more options. Have you looked at a map to visualize the distance between those cities & Stephenville? It's not that much really.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. I don't think there will be much within 15 minutes of Stephenville except fields. I think 30 minutes would be fine, considereing where you guys are at.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The place that Kendall suggested is beautiful but comes with a $5000 rental fee.  Just for rental, although you do get it for 48 hours.

I agree with PP:  30 minutes won't be that much in the space of time.  Are all your relatives going to come and stay with you in Stephenville?  Won't they have cars?  I had family coming from Mequite and Plano to the Highland Park area for our wedding and it was about that for them.  Unless you want to have your reception at the church, you may have to leave town if you want something that is more affordable. 
  • edited December 2011
    OP - As someone who wanted to be in a certain area of sentimental value for my wedding, I totally support you looking in Stephenville. That being said, please make sure to keep your budget in mind and don't over just go over to be there.  This is something we did for ours in Grand Prairie, and it has made planning a bit more difficult.  (Oddly enough, the venue I mentioned has the exact same rental price :P)

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions. My budget is only $7000 unless FI lands an awesome job before April...

Kendall, thanks for your backing. I've looking into venues who don't advertise weddings, so hopefully when we start talking rental fees it will be within budget. Otherwise, it might just have to be the good ol' church.
  • edited December 2011
    Is $7000 for the venue or the whole wedding?  (and eeee April Bride!)
  • edited December 2011
    $7000 for the whole she-bang! (excluding rings - we splurged there)

What's your date?!
  • edited December 2011
    April 28, 2012.  Have you joined the month board?
  • edited December 2011

I'm shooting for the 28th too! I have not joined the month board yet. I haven't even stalked it! Should I go introduce myself?

• edited December 2011
    Definitely!  We have several ladies on this board on it as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards