New Hampshire

Parasols

Hi girls!  It's been a little while since I've posted on the board - took a break from the wedding planning mindset, but now I'm back into it. 

So I know I want to do the Just Married and Thank You parasols for pictures, but I'm also thinking that I want to get my bridesmaids parasols as well (red and orange) for photos.  I'm getting married this fall and the girls will be in brown dresses.  Do you guys think the colored parasols would look good outside in the fall or do you think they are more of a spring time look?  Also, I'm torn between solid colored ones or ones with a design - what do you girls think?  I tried posting pics - hopefully it worked.  TIA!!

Re: Parasols

• Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't see why they wouldn't work for Fall. The colors you picked should match the fall atmosphere.  Personally I really like the ones with the design.
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the parasols would work in fall as well as they would in spring. The one with the design is cuter, IMO.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think parasols look cute in all weddings. The colors you chose are perfect for Fall, and I LOVE the designs.
  • edited December 2011
    I love parasols. I think either set would look great. If you spend the $ make sure you get to use them. We, unfortunately, did not get any pics with ours.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the ones with the pattern as well.  I also agree with the girls that they will look great in the fall.  I think if your colors were pastels or something then it might look a  little silly, but the colors you picked would look lovely!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I think these colors would look very cute in the fall.

I would probably go with the plain ones but I like more simple stuff - maybe it would depend the BM dresses? If their dresses are simple then the parasols with design would be cute.

Would the cut out design cast a shadow if the light was shining through? Maybe it won't be so bright in the fall though?

I think I'd like parasols too now! How would it work though from a logistics point of view - would you bring them in advance to where you'll do the photos? Or would the BMs just carry them all day? I'll have to figure this out - like someone else said it would be too bad not to actually get pictures with them if you have them
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great advice girls!  I think I'm def. going to do the parasols!  So excited!  Thanks so much!

FutureMrsJ:  I'm getting married and having the reception all at the same place, Zorvino, so I think I'm just going to bring them there in the morning that way the girls don't have to carry them around.  Are you getting married and having the reception at the same place? or are you traveling?  If you are interested in the ones I posted, I found them on LunaBazaar.com.  The one with the design I think is on the parasol and not an actual cut-out.  I'll have to look into it a little more to make sure it's not a cut-out b/c like you said I wouldn't want a shadow or anything like that.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! Off to check out lunabazaar.com right now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards