Military Brides

Anyone in Everett?

Hi girls, I know its off the wedding topic sort of, but I was just wondering if any of you are stationed in Everett, WA or near there?  My FI and I are getting stationed there in Septemeber probably.  He's been stationed at Whidbey Island before which is a ferry ride across, but not stationed in Everett.  I'm just wondering what its like and if you like it there.  We booked a trip for the first week in June for house hunting and debating on living in Everett or Marysville.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!  I've never lived outside of Western NY!
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone in Everett?

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would actually ask this on the Nest board. More of the women there are actually living with their Hs. 

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who's stationed there, but a couple girls are from Washington. Just do a quick intro there and ask away. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I lived just north of Everett for much of the time I was growing up, then was stationed in Seattle with the Coast Guard for four years (2004-2008). I loved it there. I DEFINITELY recommend living in Marysville rather than Everett. In recent years, Everett has gotten really....ghetto. Gangs, violence, poverty. Marysville is a lot more "country-fied" as I like to call it. Plus, there's a great outlet mall near Marysville in Quil Ceda (I think that's the name of the town, it's the Prime Outlets Mall). My friend actually lives in Marysville right now and she loves it. It's much safer there.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Citris2Citris2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just got stationed here in Washington last month. We are both really enjoying it! There is so much to do here, especially if you enjoy the outdoors and the ocean! We are actually stationed in Bremerton, which is a ferry ride from Everett and Seattle. 
  • maskedrosemaskedrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Washington and it really is one of the most beautiful places in the world. You'll love living there, but I second the suggestion to find a place in Marysville if you can. It's a nice, laid back area. I met my fiance when he was stationed at Ft. Lewis and when he gets back from deployment we'll be there for another 6 months(ish) before moving to Georgia. I'm excited to see more of the US, but there is no place like the NW :)
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the help.  We were definitely leaning towards Marysville over Everett.  There are 2 houses in Everett we really liked but since I will be living by myself for the first 6 months (he is getting deployed about 2 weeks after we move) we definitely want to make sure its a nice neighborhood.  And being near a mall is never a bad thing! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm stationed in Whidbey. WA is beautiful!! Everett is much better than the island. The Pacific North West is a tight knit military community!! Welcome!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards