New Hampshire

Too Soon To Book?!

I'm getting married on September 29, 2012.

Initially, I was just concerned about booking the venue and church now and then figured I'd worry about other vendors when I have more time over the summer. But looking at posts and stuff, it seems I definitely have to book a photographer asap.

What about a florist? I don't have any idea about my colors yet, but I've seen people saying they're already booked for 2012. I'm looking into Lyndsey Loring, Cymbidium Floral, and the Flower Kiosk but haven't contacted them. Is that something I should do now even if I don't have a definite idea about what I want?

Any advice about the timeline for booking vendors would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Too Soon To Book?!

• edited December 2011
    I booked mine over a year out. It wouldn't hurt to start looking into it if you have the time. I'm sure they would help you figure out the sorts of flowers that you want :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    We started booking about a year and a half out. If you know it's what you want for that vendor, why wait and risk it? :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We started booking vendors about a year and a half out.  We had received some recommendations and had some meetings with vendors that we really liked and we didn't want to risk losing them for our wedding, so we booked them early.  It doesn't hurt to start looking now.
    Anniversary
  • MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We started booking a year and a half out as well. I think some of the vendors like photographer and dj you could book now. You could save the florist until you have a better idea of what you want for colors/style. I booked my florist early but had a second meeting with her closer to the wedding when I had made changes. It's really up to you. Good luck!

BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked early. We pretty much narrowed down the vendors we were interested in, and once we met with them, we decided.
    Here's a breakdown of approximately how far out we booked major vendors:
    Reception Location - 2 years
    Church - 2 years (wasn't necessary, but my sister had a mishap with getting the priest she wanted because of a parish office mixup)
    Photographer - 20 months
    Florist - 10 months
    DJ - 8 months

HTH! Good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with the other ladies.  If you know what you want, go for it!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • leighj84leighj84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all the responses. That makes me feel better. I didn't want to seem over-zealous in my search. I think I will wait until I have a bit more time in a couple months. Right now, I'll just concentrate on a photographer. Thanks :)
  • edited December 2011
    We have booked everything except for the limo and the cake 2 years to over a year and a half out.

A lot of the vendors I wanted were already booked so we felt as though we had to do it then and not wait.  We also got 2010 and 2011 prices
  • edited December 2011
    We booked our venue 8 months in advance, however, we were flexible with a date. We thought we wanted September but we ended up booking a July wedding instead. Everything else I booked only 5 months out. I feel like it just depends on what you want or are looking for. For us we didn't really have the money right when we got engaged to put deposits on everything so we waited until we had the money and then booked everything.

It just depends for each person! I have a friend who got engaged almost 4 years ago and had changed her date and venue 2 times! She just kept finding things she liked better...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    we booked everything about a year in advance. It worked out nice, since we were able to get who we wanted, and less stress later.
  • Dawn7233Dawn7233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with everyone else.  I'm getting married that same day!  Our photographer only had one day left in Sept and it just happen to be our date.  The venue we want is also filling up fast!  I would suggest you book your photographer, dj, and venue ASAP... all the other things can wait a bit longer.  GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we booked our venue and photographer/videographer 2 years in advance and I am happy I did cause their rates have doubled since then...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards