Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hey Ladies! - Intro Post

Screenname: Picklelady
Significant Other's Age: 23
What You Do: IT Auditor for an accounting firm
What SO Does: IT business analyst for a college
State of Relationship: Dating...soon to be engaged (fingers crossed!)
How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years
How You Met: We met at college our freshman year. My roommate thought he was just amazing and went chasing after him. I ignored him because I found my roommates infatuation of him annoying. Sophmore year we both changed our majors to Management of Information Systems and became homework partners in almost every class. I was going through a rough time in my life and shared alot with him. I realized slowly that he was no long the annoying boy but had become my best friend. Lucky for me, he was feeling the same way. Funny how things change. :)
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged yet, but we have talked about having a September or October 2013 wedding.
Real Babies: 0
Fur Babies: 0
Loves: Greys Anatomy, Sewing, Baking, Cooking, Hosting Friends
Hates: Peas, Spiders, Dirty Kitchens
Pet Peeves: People trimming finger nails in public.
Hobbies/Activities: See "Loves"
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can come across as cocky at times, but is a super tenderhearted person. Always there for his friends, ready and willing to help when needed. Offering words of encouragement. 
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He
Describe Your Personality: Borderline introvert. Love order and organization...recently trying to learn to let go. 
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
I've Been On TK Since: I've been lurking for the past few months as the boyfriend and I have more seriously been talking about an engagement and marriage. I thought it was time to come out and introduce myself!
How You Came to Be On TK: I initially joined the knot for a friends wedding back in 2009 (bridesmaid). It came in handy when my sister got married in 2011 (bridesmaid).
How I like my potatoes: Mashed with a dollop of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mixed in.
Favorite book/author: Loved the Hunger Games recently. Also a fan of Jane Austen.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was homeschooled from 3rd grade-10th grade. And yes, I owned a denim jumper in my day.

Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post

• Options
    I love pickles. Hi Picklelady!
  • Options
    Hi Pickelady!
    What is your favorite desert?
    Favorite movie?

Welcome!

Anniversary

• Options
    Hi Picklelady!

Your name made me remember my sister's third grade class party where I facepainted pickles onto all the girls...they were crazy about pickles.

We have the same pet peeve. And someone in my office does it every week (Monday mornings). It makes me want to cut his entire fingers off just so he can't continue torturing me.

Are you dressing up for Halloween? What as? What were you last time you were in a costume?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:e02adef0-7c15-4564-99dc-1ee8b0049ef0">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Pickelady! What is your favorite desert? Favorite movie? Welcome!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Favorite Dessert: Cheesecake.
    Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast has always been top of my list since I was a little girl. I'm a sucker for Disney movies!

BTW: Pitch Perfect. Go see it ladies! The boyfriend and I were in stitches the whole time!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:4f17530e-f574-42f1-a1cd-1cce51002b50">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Picklelady! Your name made me remember my sister's third grade class party where I facepainted pickles onto all the girls...they were crazy about pickles. We have the same pet peeve. And someone in my office does it every week (Monday mornings). It makes me want to cut his entire fingers off just so he can't continue torturing me. Are you dressing up for Halloween? What as? What were you last time you were in a costume?
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

I don't even know how I got started with that username...it started when I was younger and I've kept using it ever since.

Halloween. I am not dressing up this year due to my boyfriend's views of the holiday that I choose to respect. Last time I dressed up though, I was a Who from Whoville.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people would think it is socially acceptable to trim their nails in public.  Gross!!

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! Am I reading your post correctly and you love spiders? Do you have any?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    <p class="MsoNormal"><strong>ARE YOU DYING TO GET MARRIED????</strong></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><strong> </strong></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><strong>NOW CASTING WOMEN WHO ARE ACTIVELY PLANNING THEIR WEDDING… </strong></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><strong>EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT YET ENGAGED. </strong></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><strong> </strong></p> <p class="MsoNormal">For a new docu-soap produced by an Emmy Award Winning Production Company for a Major Cable Network.<span>   </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"> </p> <p class="MsoNormal">Have you been dreaming of your WEDDING DAY since you were a teenager?</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Is every detail of your vision picked out from your centerpieces to the wedding date?</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Do you have stacks of tear sheets or scrapbooks of your vision?<span>  </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">Are you dying to be a bride but you’re single or your boyfriend has yet to propose?<span>  </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">Is your mother eagerly rooting you along in the planning?<span>  </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">Is there one major problem…<span>  </span>WHERE’S THE GROOM?</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Is time running out?<span>    </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"> </p> <p class="MsoNormal">Now’s your chance to accelerate the entire process.<span>  </span>To learn more about this wildly exciting show that can help you and your moms dreams come true, shoot an email to:<span> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><strong>MATTHEWSCASTING@GMAIL.COM </strong></p> <p class="MsoNormal">Include a quick bio with your name, age, occupation and where you live?<span>  </span>How long have you been planning your wedding? How often do you think of your wedding day? Give us the details of your grandiose vision of your wedding day? Tell us about your relationship with your mother and her involvement in your future wedding day.<span>  </span>Does she want to see you married as badly as you do? What’s holding you back from getting married?<span>  </span>Are you moments away from an engagement, or are you 100% single?<span>  </span>What’s the status?<span>  </span>Don’t forget to give a contact phone number where you can be reached.<span>  </span>Attach a few candid photos and any visuals of your wedding day.<span>  </span>Thank you!<span>   </span></p> In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:e913c4c1-f6e8-41ec-bc0a-abafff752fd7">Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screenname: Picklelady Age: 23 Significant Other's Age: 23 What You Do: IT Auditor for an accounting firm What SO Does: IT business analyst for a college State of Relationship: Dating...soon to be engaged (fingers crossed!) How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years How You Met: We met at college our freshman year. My roommate thought he was just amazing and went chasing after him. I ignored him because I found my roommates infatuation of him annoying. Sophmore year we both changed our majors to Management of Information Systems and became homework partners in almost every class. I was going through a rough time in my life and shared alot with him. I realized slowly that he was no long the annoying boy but had become my best friend. Lucky for me, he was feeling the same way. Funny how things change. :) Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged yet, but we have talked about having a September or October 2013 wedding. Real Babies: 0 Fur Babies: 0 Loves: Greys Anatomy, Sewing, Baking, Cooking, Hosting Friends Hates: Peas, Spiders, Dirty Kitchens Pet Peeves: People trimming finger nails in public. Hobbies/Activities: See "Loves" Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can come across as cocky at times, but is a super tenderhearted person. Always there for his friends, ready and willing to help when needed. Offering words of encouragement.  Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He Describe Your Personality: Borderline introvert. Love order and organization...recently trying to learn to let go.  Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5 I've Been On TK Since: I've been lurking for the past few months as the boyfriend and I have more seriously been talking about an engagement and marriage. I thought it was time to come out and introduce myself! How You Came to Be On TK: I initially joined the knot for a friends wedding back in 2009 (bridesmaid). It came in handy when my sister got married in 2011 (bridesmaid). How I like my potatoes: Mashed with a dollop of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mixed in. Favorite book/author: Loved the Hunger Games recently. Also a fan of Jane Austen. Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was homeschooled from 3rd grade-10th grade. And yes, I owned a denim jumper in my day.
    Posted by picklelady[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:838ac0f8-59e4-4d59-aead-7b194e9842e6">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post : I don't even know how I got started with that username...it started when I was younger and I've kept using it ever since. Halloween. I am not dressing up this year due to my boyfriend's views of the holiday that I choose to respect. Last time I dressed up though, I was a Who from Whoville.

<div>What are his views on the holiday?</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not a fan of halloween at all, but I'll totally encourage FI to dress up if that's what he wants. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:e913c4c1-f6e8-41ec-bc0a-abafff752fd7">Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE] Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was homeschooled from 3rd grade-10th grade. And yes, I owned a denim jumper in my day.

<div>Me too! What were your reasons for homeschooling?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:c27721bb-2b4f-42b6-91ad-2a6a27ace99e">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Am I reading your post correctly and you love spiders? Do you have any?
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

Nope, definitely hate spiders! I've been known to stand on the washing machine until someone will come kill the big (little) things.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:bbbb242f-8c7b-4146-b789-8f995e04b519">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post : What are his views on the holiday? I'm not a fan of halloween at all, but I'll totally encourage FI to dress up if that's what he wants. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

We were both raised in conservative Christian homes. Because of the historic and religious background of Halloween, his family did not participate in dressing up or trick or treating.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:fe3e0a94-41f3-421c-b2dc-091c82120613">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hey Ladies! - Intro Post : Me too! What were your reasons for homeschooling?
    Posted by alleycat821[/QUOTE]

We were first pulled out of public school due to health reasons. My siblings and I had allergies that were hard to manage within a school setting, and then our school was found to have asbestos. In the end, my mom realized that she enjoyed having the opportunity to homeschool us and customize our schooling to how we each learned best. We definitely didn't have it easy, being that my mom was a math major and we were being consulted by licensed teachers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:20c9a35e-65ca-4930-8ff7-c2bd8fc213a0">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post : We were both raised in conservative Christian homes. Because of the historic and religious background of Halloween, his family did not participate in dressing up or trick or treating.
    Posted by picklelady[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hmm, that's interesting. Do you agree with his views or do you simply choose not to participate out of respect? </div><div>
    </div><div>And, since you both were raised in conservative Christian homes, what are your views on courting? It's been a topic of conversation with me recently. 

</div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:8720ee7c-d512-4c27-a20e-73dfe52c9382">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post : Hmm, that's interesting. Do you agree with his views or do you simply choose not to participate out of respect?  And, since you both were raised in conservative Christian homes, what are your views on courting? It's been a topic of conversation with me recently. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say I necessarily agree, but I choose to respect his views. I think all too often people in the church view it as black and white: either you participate (thus being a bad Christian) or you stay far away from it all. I like to think that it is an opportunity to show grace to others with a differing view and a chance to participate in community and cultivate relationships. Not to mention it's just fun to dress up! :)

As for courting, you could probably call what my boyfriend and I entered into as courting. We were good friends before talking about we mutually liked each other. From the beginning, the purpose behind our relationship was in discerning whether marriage was for us. He spoke with my dad prior to ask permission to "date" me. He plans on asking my dad for his blessing on our engagement/marriage when that time comes. The whole diffoerence between courtship and dating, is to me, in the purpose and process of it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:b968323f-98dc-48b1-917b-3418157ef9ce">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post : I wouldn't say I necessarily agree, but I choose to respect his views. I think all too often people in the church view it as black and white: either you participate (thus being a bad Christian) or you stay far away from it all. <strong>I like to think that it is an opportunity to show grace to others with a differing view and a chance to participate in community and cultivate relationships. </strong>Not to mention it's just fun to dress up! :) As for courting, you could probably call what my boyfriend and I entered into as courting. We were good friends before talking about we mutually liked each other. From the beginning, the purpose behind our relationship was in discerning whether marriage was for us. He spoke with my dad prior to ask permission to "date" me. He plans on asking my dad for his blessing on our engagement/marriage when that time comes.<strong> The whole difference between courtship and dating, is to me, in the purpose and process of it.</strong>
    Posted by picklelady[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Huzzah! I think we can be friends. :) I just don't like halloween bc I'm not a fan of dressing up. I don't mind the candy and I really enjoy getting to know my neighbors. To me, it's just a western tradition. The majority of the halloween participants in the America don't practice it for religious purposes. </div><div>
    </div><div>On the courting thing, I definitely agree with you. That is the most important difference between dating and courting. I don't know if I could ever court someone after the last time I did it. It was so painful when things did end, more so than any other break up I've had because I was so emotionally invested in the relationship. 

</div>

• Options

Welcome!  I too love order and organization.  How are you learning to let go?  FI constantly complains when I put the dishes away right after they are used (even a cup for water).  He's always looking around for his cups after he's used them and asking me where they disappeared to.  :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:c62d37b8-f794-463a-814c-31272a37daba">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  I too love order and organization.  How are you learning to let go?  FI constantly complains when I put the dishes away right after they are used (even a cup for water).  He's always looking around for his cups after he's used them and asking me where they disappeared to.  :)
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

I think it's just been a process of realizing that the world will go on if laundry isn't put away right away or if the living room is a mess. I'd rather spend time and enjoy him than be the person causing stress in the relationship. That and he has also been super understanding in what can frustrate me and has been great in trying to help.
  • Options
    What is your favorite type of pickle?  

Welcome!  I was homeschooled too for a while. :) 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Oh my goodness, I love everything in your intro! Jane Austen is my favorite author... I can quote Persuasion by heart! What's your favorite book? Or your favorite character? I think the courting way of entering a relationship is really great... it shows a lot of mutual respect. Plus its really sweet he asked your dad.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:8477b6f4-a151-4665-8997-bbd2f0cfd79d">Re: Hey Ladies! - Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is your favorite type of pickle?   Welcome!  I was homeschooled too for a while. :) 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

This is the great part...I have never liked pickles. Always thought pickle juice tasted somewhat good though. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hey-ladies-intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:36e4b2db-e6a1-49f8-ab81-0035938c2abaPost:618e7a7b-a6ec-4c1a-8754-db8a0435bb73">Re:Hey Ladies! Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness, I love everything in your intro! Jane Austen is my favorite author... I can quote Persuasion by heart! What's your favorite book? Or your favorite character? I think the courting way of entering a relationship is really great... it shows a lot of mutual respect. Plus its really sweet he asked your dad.
    Posted by ShanMarie513[/QUOTE]

Favorite book: Toss up between Pride and Prejudice or Emma
    Favorite character: Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards