New York-Hudson Valley

Bridesmaid Dress Help

I'm having a very hard time with bridesmaid dresses. My wedding is in May and I still don't have dresses for my girls yet. The problem is that my girls are sizes 16-18. Other then Davids is there a dress shop anywhere that has bigger sample bridesmaid dresses? I'm willing to go anywhere. Thanks 

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Help

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Town Shop in Poughkeepsie.  One of my girls was larger than a size 20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    call RK Bridal in the city
  • edited December 2011
    I second Town Shop in Poughkeepsie.
  • I've actually only heard negative things about Town Shoppe.... and not from 1 or 2 people but pretty much all of my friends and their family who have gotten married in the last 10 years. I would say to avoid them... why avoid David's (just curious)? The Danbury one on an off day is actually pretty quiet, very attentive and the staff has been phenomenal to me. I have a couple of plus sized girls in my party and the dresses they offer in plus sizes are just a price that cannot be matched. But if you're not on David's.... also look at the bridal shope that's in the Marshall's plaza. I can't remember what its called right now but it's near Dragon's Den and Marshall's in that plaza in Poughkeepsie (plaza across the street from town shop). Good luck!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I have nothing against David"s Bridal we got our dresses there for my sisters wedding. My future stepdaugher is 13 and going to be a junior bridesmaid but she is very petite she is still in a size 8 in girls. She would like to be in the same dress as everyone else and at David"s the junior bridesmaids are different styles then the bridesmaids.  
  • I went to RK in the city. They had samples up to a size 22 in the styles of dresses we were looking at.
  • The Alfred Angelo offers plus sizes. The Alfred Angelo stores (not sure if there are any in the area) has all of the sizes in all of their dresses to try on.

I have heard negatives about the Town Shop too, but I like it there. Remember, more people spread the word about their bad experiences than good. The Town Shop has the best selection for Dutchess county too, so I wouldn't count them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards