Not Engaged Yet

Chit Chat

I'm a bit bored at work, waiting for some October data to update so I can do stuff. My co-worker brought in her son to work and it's rather distracting too. Is it 4 yet?  We are finally getting help from friends to bring our washer/dryer in the condo. I am still without TV & Internet at home, so I missed American Horror Story last night.

Anything exciting going on today for anyone? Any good weekend plans?  I'm heading to DC for BF's sister's reception party.  It should be a good weekend.  I'm hoping November is much more calm and positive than October.

Anniversary

Re: Chit Chat

• Im sitting in my office freezing my butt off! I also realized that it is day light savings this weekend, yuck. I already started coming in late for how dark it is at 7 am now it is just going to be even darker!

I work all weekend so FI is taking Maggie and going up north with his parents. I haven't been in our house alone with no dog since umm never! Plus coming home when it is dark to a dark house, doesn't thrill me.

• Ughh I forgot its daylight savings this weekend. I hate that it's get darker so much earlier now. Not cool...

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:e3edccb5-d26f-4ee1-99cd-2b8c7b8b6b76">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ughh I forgot its daylight savings this weekend. I hate that it's get darker so much earlier now. Not cool...
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Oh I need me some "Fall back". My brain and body <em>refuse</em> to get me out of bed in the morning. I'm convinced I just need one more hour back.
  • Gah, daylight savings time.... It's already black as hell outside when I get up to leave, and when I get home... this is awesome... I hate winter.

On the bright side.... FI is set on moving to FL. He told his parents last night that we are moving in December, may or may not be here for Christmas, and that we aren't having kids (that was a conversation brought up by the hellions we've dealt with in the last week with our niece/nephew). It went surprisingly well.

FI has me researching places to live, since I lived there before, as well as moving companies that will come pack our stuff up and move it. We're having a home inventory done in the next two weeks, so that'll help. He's so excited and for once in a long time - he seems to be happy - like there's an end in sight to his misery here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:09cbb600-2474-4cc6-bc16-85efe6f53137">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gah, daylight savings time.... It's already black as hell outside when I get up to leave, and when I get home... this is awesome... I hate winter. On the bright side.... FI is set on moving to FL. <strong>He told his parents last night that we are moving in December,</strong> may or may not be here for Christmas, and that we aren't having kids (that was a conversation brought up by the hellions we've dealt with in the last week with our niece/nephew). It went surprisingly well. FI has me researching places to live, since I lived there before, as well as moving companies that will come pack our stuff up and move it. We're having a home inventory done in the next two weeks, so that'll help. He's so excited and for once in a long time - he seems to be happy - like there's an end in sight to his misery here.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

That is exciting!

I'm trying to convince BF to move in the next couple of years.

• Wow that is exciting Irish about moving to FL!  I'd much rather be in FL for the winter than here.

Anniversary

• Beth, Danser,

Thanks! :)

I lived there for 13 years before moving up here to get away from my ex-H. I miss it. It's going to be scary since neither one of us have found jobs yet, but I'm pulling all my contacts from back home, and applying for everything like mad, so we shall see. FI can sub as soon as we get there, so that'll help.

The fact that FI had even considered moving without jobs first is unbelievable. I'm stunned. He is adamant about it though. He's done with this place. We have sufficient savings for quite a while to get us by, and like I said, he can start subbing as soon as we get there.

I'm excited!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:ab9a7955-6916-4389-8dda-808da132cf86">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth, Danser, Thanks! :) I lived there for 13 years before moving up here to get away from my ex-H. I miss it.<strong> It's going to be scary since neither one of us have found jobs yet,</strong> but I'm pulling all my contacts from back home, and applying for everything like mad, so we shall see. FI can sub as soon as we get there, so that'll help. The fact that FI had even considered moving without jobs first is unbelievable. I'm stunned. He is adamant about it though. He's done with this place. We have sufficient savings for quite a while to get us by, and like I said, he can start subbing as soon as we get there. I'm excited!

I think change is always at least a little scary. But there's never a perfect time to do something big so you might as well do it sooner rather than later, especially if it will make you happy!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:3bbdcfb0-eacf-4a97-be95-5ec2b5c28d7b">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : I think change is always at least a little scary. But there's never a perfect time to do something big so you might as well do it sooner rather than later, especially if it will make you happy!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Which is what I think finally solidified it in his head that we need to just move.  He's always wanted to live there, I've been wanting to go back since I came up here. Both of our moods have sufficiently improved since we made that decision.

Question, do any of you ladies know the answer to this? If I tell my boss now that I'm leaving at the end of December - and he fires me - can I collect unemployment??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:ca47053e-4fdf-4175-a408-f2d9132451bb">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : Agreed. Which is what I think finally solidified it in his head that we need to just move.  He's always wanted to live there, I've been wanting to go back since I came up here. Both of our moods have sufficiently improved since we made that decision. Question, do any of you ladies know the answer to this? If I tell my boss now that I'm leaving at the end of December - and he fires me - can I collect unemployment??

I will come and visit! lol

With regards to the unemployment, that one is iffy. But you can fight it and find out. At least you are giving him a heads up and hopefully willing to train someone before you leave.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:498885db-484a-4285-a59a-3f8b3eecff2a">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : <strong>I will come and visit!</strong> lol With regards to the unemployment, that one is iffy. But you can fight it and find out. At least you are giving him a heads up and hopefully willing to train someone before you leave.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

You better!! :)

I don't think he'd fire me. I'm the best OM he's ever had, and I can train better than anyone, as well. I'm also considering seeing if he will "lay me off" and allow me to collect unemployment to help me until i find something else...
  • I just found out a girl in my grad. program is accusing a bunch of us of cheating on a test we took Tuesday night. I was one of the first to finish so I don't know what went on after I left but I know there was no cheating going on when I left. She accused people of cheating earlier in the semester too...I don't know what her problem is!

Can I just confess real quick that I really hate my grad program this semester. My classes suck and the people in it are driving me insane! Idk...maybe I'm just grumpy and bitchy this semester.

• I'm glad we don't do daylight savings in Arizona. I have another long day at work today and I have to do a floor set change today. I have my math midterm next week and I don't want to take it. I'm terrible at taking tests. I should be getting the results of my celiac panel test back within the next couple of days. Even if I don't have celiac's, my stomach still hurts when I have wheat/gluten products.So, we will see what happens. 

Josh and I will probably get my ring sized on Saturday. I have small fingers and he didn't want to get it sized and get it the wrong size since it is a special ring. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:82236df0-6b43-4ae6-998f-ccccc54cac04">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad we don't do daylight savings in Arizona. I have another long day at work today and I have to do a floor set change today. <strong>I have my math midterm next week and I don't want to take it.</strong> I'm terrible at taking tests. I should be getting the results of my celiac panel test back within the next couple of days. Even if I don't have celiac's, my stomach still hurts when I have wheat/gluten products.So, we will see what happens.  Josh and I will probably get my ring sized on Saturday. I have small fingers and he didn't want to get it sized and get it the wrong size since it is a special ring. 
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]

Boo math tests! I seriously suck at math. Remind me again what you are going to school for.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:dc534389-e23f-4b62-92c0-6ccb38c64645">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : You better!! :) I don't think he'd fire me. I'm the best OM he's ever had, and I can train better than anyone, as well. I'm also considering seeing<strong> if he will "lay me off"</strong> and allow me to collect unemployment to help me until i find something else...

I think this is pretty doable if you have a good relationship. It does cost them a little bit more but in the scheme of things if it's a mid to large-sized company it's barely anything.

Good luck with the job and house search! So much fun to be moving, especially to get somewhere warmer for winter.

BF and I are sleeping through our alarms on a weekly basis. It's so damp and miserable outside we're not managing. And then with the hour back it will be worse. Not looking forward to it apart from the extra hour in bed!
  • Beth, eff that!! :( I'm sorry the grad program sucks. I know the feeling when school gets overwhelming and irritating and you just want to say EFF IT! Stay strong, you can do this! :)

Rae, :) I have small fingers too, so I feel you there. I hope you get the answers you need from your panels. Also, ICK for math tests, hell for math in general.. I hate it!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:1c595e9f-f0ce-4e43-89d0-b41483e43288">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : I think this is pretty doable if you have a good relationship. It does cost them a little bit more but in the scheme of things if it's a mid to large-sized company it's barely anything. Good luck with the job and house search! So much fun to be moving, especially to get somewhere warmer for winter. BF and I are sleeping through our alarms on a weekly basis. It's so damp and miserable outside we're not managing. And then with the hour back it will be worse. Not looking forward to it apart from the extra hour in bed!
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Boss Man and I have a pretty good relationship. I've been here for 5 years, am the longest standing employee, have worked my way from part time data entry to Office Manager. He always says that he only works here - ask the boss lady lol. He also says that he only signs the checks lol. So, in theory - this could work as a fall back.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:20fbc25a-0f55-4162-8d43-90ed547359bb">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth, eff that!! :( I'm sorry the grad program sucks. I know the feeling when school gets overwhelming and irritating and you just want to say EFF IT! <strong>Stay strong, you can do this!</strong> :) Rae, :) I have small fingers too, so I feel you there. I hope you get the answers you need from your panels. Also, ICK for math tests, hell for math in general.. I hate it!!

Thanks :) I've told BF I just want to quit a few times. I know I won't but it would be nice to take a break.

BF decided to take a year off before going to grad. school. I'm jealous. I wish I had done that. I'm also really glad he did though because it means I'll be done with my program when he will be starting his so we might be able to use it as a opportunity to move!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:b014b025-9c6b-4ac5-8ddd-e70f1d098efb">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : Boo math tests! I seriously suck at math. Remind me again what you are going to school for.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to go to school for music therapy, but there is no market for it right now. I am getting my degree in English with a concentration in Linguistics. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:ca47053e-4fdf-4175-a408-f2d9132451bb">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE] Question, do any of you ladies know the answer to this? If I tell my boss now that I'm leaving at the end of December - and he fires me - can I collect unemployment??

I'm pretty sure as long as you are not fired for misconduct, you can collect unemployment. They will contact your employer to verify the reason you aren't working there anymore. Depending on what he says either you will get it immediately after a "waiting week" or they may penalize you a couple of weeks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:ca47053e-4fdf-4175-a408-f2d9132451bb">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : Agreed. Which is what I think finally solidified it in his head that we need to just move.  He's always wanted to live there, I've been wanting to go back since I came up here. Both of our moods have sufficiently improved since we made that decision. Question, do any of you ladies know the answer to this? <strong>If I tell my boss now that I'm leaving at the end of December - and he fires me - can I collect unemployment??</strong>

I'm about 99% sure you can. They would have to prove some sort of misconduct that you did at your job for them to fight it. When I filled out unemployment claims where the person actually did got fired for legit reasons, I would include write ups, warnings, etc that lead to the termination. WA seems like they are very lienent on giving people unemployment so it doesn't always work even if they shouldn't be getting it. So, I think you should be fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for the info, ladies! :)

I've decided I'm going to wait until Dec 1, then tell my boss I'm leaving. That gives him a month to find someone to replace me, gives me time to train them if he wants, and if he does end up firing me - i can finish school, go crash with some friends and try and find a job in person :)

Gah, I'm so excited!! :)
  • Irish, that is so freaking exciting! FI's parents did that, just up and moved, no jobs or anything, when he was a junior in high school. It's served them really well. I am bummed that he didn't demand to move to Houston, but that's okay. I can manage. 

What part of FL? FI's family is all in Kissimmee and the surrounding area. We went in December last year to meet everyone.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:e06975a7-392d-4ff7-9375-47f179bad618">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish, that is so freaking exciting! FI's parents did that, just up and moved, no jobs or anything, when he was a junior in high school. It's served them really well. I am bummed that he didn't demand to move to Houston, but that's okay. I can manage.  What part of FL? FI's family is all in Kissimmee and the surrounding area. We went in December last year to meet everyone.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

SW part - Ft. Myers are

LOL - well tell your boss to hire me for the office position and we'd move to Houston instead lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:c81925ea-f1b0-4c90-a5ec-edd3044cfd53">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : SW part - Ft. Myers are LOL - well tell your boss to hire me for the office position and we'd move to Houston instead lol.

<div>I'm trying!! My word only holds so much weight. I don't know a lot of people on the hiring committee. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:fd4227fb-3902-443a-a59f-d39964541ec5">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : I'm trying!! My word only holds so much weight. I don't know a lot of people on the hiring committee. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

I know. :) I'm just giving you a hard time. Telling my mother is going to be a peach...
  • edited November 2012
    Only 9 days until I can go pick up my new puppy. It's a good thing I don't work in an office anymore because I would drive my coworkers crazy with how excited I am over this puppy. At least I only have BF to annoy (and you guys, of course). I keep telling myself I just need to make it through one more full day of work, then I have the weekend, and then the 5 days of work next week should go by quickly since they're leading up to the day I've been waiting for, right?

In other news, I just ordered some stools for our kitchen counter, and we're going to order some vertical blinds for the sliding back doors tonight. And I desperately need to get my hair highlighted within the next two weeks. Goodbye paycheck :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_chit-chat-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:15d035a3-4ea7-43e0-af7b-afc5200eea10Post:7775cd77-052a-4dc6-92a7-bcf7a7d96cc4">Re: Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat : I was going to go to school for music therapy, but there is no market for it right now. I am getting my degree in English with a concentration in Linguistics. 
    Posted by MidniteRae[/QUOTE]
    Say what? Not only do we have simliar user names we are going to school for the same thing???  We need to be FB friends.  Send me a PM?? <div>
    </div><div>Irish I am so happy that you guys are going to move!  I know you have wanted this for a long time. I am so so so happy for you! <3</div><div>
    </div><div>My day is going well.  I finished my paper that is due by 1:40 and now I am studying for my English Grammar midterm, which wasn't going as well as I had hoped.  Oops.  Oh well.  Hopefully I do ok. </div>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Raven tk mobile will not let me pm you. Send me your name since I am hard to find.
  • WOW it takes me getting onto NEY to hear that Irish is moving!  That's exciting news!!!! More folks in FL.  Very exciting indeed and what an adventure that will be.  I can't wait to hear more about it. 

As for me the last few days have been crippling at work since our company servers are based in NJ and without electricity we don't have company email and access to the data system.  So Tuesday and Wednesday we were allowed to leave at lunch, I was hoping the same for today access to data system is on but NO company email.  I'm so bored that I'm watching Downton Abbey at work. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards