Snarky Brides

AATB post 2

Re: AATB post 2

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:c3132648-4f41-4425-848e-3de3dacdb5e8">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : Mica gets on my nerves. I generally just ignore her.
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

I thought it was funny that I asked Mica if she was the suck Mica from CC and it was confirmed she wasn't. Then she went and said in some thread that I said she sucked. Um nooooo, I jsut asked if you were the person I thought you were and you weren't. Holy drama.

So now I think she sucks. HA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:c89d3226-4067-4ed0-9ea1-4973b82fa1d9">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : I thought it was funny that I asked Mica if she was the suck Mica from CC and it was confirmed she wasn't. Then she went and said in some thread that I said she sucked. Um nooooo, I jsut asked if you were the person I thought you were and you weren't. Holy drama. So now I think she sucks. HA!
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Oh geez. Drama llama... or she fails in reading comp.
    I've pretty much always gotten a weird vibe from her. I don't even know who the other mica is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:bc64881a-c0af-4698-ad9b-28d77c0999f1">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : Oh geez. Drama llama... o<strong>r she fails in reading comp</strong>. I've pretty much always gotten a weird vibe from her. I don't even know who the other mica is.
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>ha! that really did make me laugh out loud.</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:e06e2151-1615-49bc-a619-31a7c43a64d6">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : ha! that really did make me laugh out loud.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

You forgot the LOL!!!!! or the LMFAO!!!
  • I did not expect this thread to get 3 pages long!
  • So OP, are you still LOLing?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just want to poke in here and add something that is bugging me.

When it comes to the MC stuff, I hardly think popping into her wedding thread and saying "congrats" or "you looked great" is asslicking.  The people who went further with the compliments past a quick sentence, to me, were the people who generally do not have a problem with her or who have never really gotten into it with her.  I dont see the problem with not being her biggest fan, but still throwing out a "congrats" when she gets married.

I just think the whole MC stuff has been blown out of proportion.

Coming from a place of not being a veteran "reg" but also not new, I can see where the newer girls are coming from.  I get the flow because I have been around long enough to get it, but I can also see where they feel attacked.  Lately it seems like they cant do anything right.

I guess what i am saying is that I can see both sides.  It is hard to get the flow of a board and understand how things are done, or used to be done, if the older regs are not going to show them.  if CCF sees someone like Cew (just an example) introduce herself to a newb by asking a bunch of random questions, then how is she to know that she is not supposed to do that as well?

Its been a long time since an older reg really flamed someone or got into it with them.  You can hardly fault the newer girls for making the attempt to keep the board flow conducive to what they see.

It almost just seems like there is a bigger issue here that no one wants to say out loud.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:ca02e9a0-bf1a-4924-9e5b-1d9fe8528068">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to poke in here and add something that is bugging me. When it comes to the MC stuff, I hardly think popping into her wedding thread and saying "congrats" or "you looked great" is asslicking.  The people who went further with the compliments past a quick sentence, to me, were the people who generally do not have a problem with her or who have never really gotten into it with her.  I dont see the problem with not being her biggest fan, but still throwing out a "congrats" when she gets married. I just think the whole MC stuff has been blown out of proportion. Coming from a place of not being a veteran "reg" but also not new, I can see where the newer girls are coming from.  I get the flow because I have been around long enough to get it, but I can also see where they feel attacked.  Lately it seems like they cant do anything right. I guess what i am saying is that I can see both sides.  It is hard to get the flow of a board and understand how things are done, or used to be done, if the older regs are not going to show them.  if CCF sees someone like Cew (just an example) introduce herself to a newb by asking a bunch of random questions, then how is she to know that she is not supposed to do that as well? Its been a long time since an older reg really flamed someone or got into it with them.  You can hardly fault the newer girls for making the attempt to keep the board flow conducive to what they see.<strong> It almost just seems like there is a bigger issue here that no one wants to say out loud.
    </strong>Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

What?

I just think it's weird that this has turned into AYG post 2
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:c22d9534-bcd3-4cb7-ba0f-0ef5a4c6ace1">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : What? <strong>I just think it's weird that this has turned into AYG post 2</strong>
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I agree.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:e0f90de0-e48e-4ddd-8f5b-304df6844a7f">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : I agree.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

You're just validating me, you validator, you. 
  • Own I dont know. 

I think the board has gotten nicer because of the reasons people have said in this thread in the other threads.  There are not nearly as many crazies as before.  There was also a big lull lately.  I think during that lull, alot of us became really good friends.  I get what others are saying about letting certain things slide because you dont want to flame your friends.

I just have not decided if I personally see that as a problem or not.

I dont know.  Maybe if there were more crazy things happening, we wouldnt be trying so hard to find things to flame in each other.

Sorry this is a post and run, but my mom just got here and we have to do my seating chart........
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:143da45f-0614-4c86-9da8-6e646e6e43cc">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : You're just validating me, you validator, you. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I'm just insufferable.
    panther
  • But Blue, that is what the knot is. It is hanging out, knowing what is cool and what is not and taking flames and moving on. You definitely know that and I sure do too. The piece people are missing is that now people have this perception people haaaaate CCF which is so not the case. She didn't 'get' it, now she does, and things go on.

So you see how the cycle just makes people think when people call some one on something then there is some inner board war. But really, it is just about having been around the block and moving along. The overreactions make it alll for the worse, kwim?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:0f22a8c7-2f5d-49a5-a487-b6ff970e32a7">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : And maybe it's not even necc. being flamed -- sometimes it's more like sarcastic/bitcy comments and if you haven't been around much, you may think they're bagging on you when they're either 1) giving their opinion or 2) being sarcastic/witty.  Some people get sarcasm or a dry sense of humor and some don't.  I just don't take it personally and move on.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, I agree, and for the record, I'm not being all "cew your a big fat meanie for not liking OP's 'lol'!" She can side eye whatever she wants, it's just something that bugs me personally since it seems 'lol' isn't okay, but BWAHAHAHA or DED is. Same thing, we're on a message board, and a hilarious one at that, we will see a lot of lol's and its variables.</div>
    Photobucket
  • A lot of my points were already made, since I'm kind of on the slow train to the post.  But something I would like to say that I've noticed is it seems like there are quite a few people who are almost afraid to disagree with the majority.  I think that's where those of us that are saying it's "too nice" (to paraphrase) here are getting it from.  Or those who say it seems like people are trying too hard.  It's like one well-liked person says something, and then 85% of the board jumps up to back them up.  Which, I also believe that many people in a fairly like-minded group can have the same views or opinions, but the way things are worded and the little bitty things that are picked up and blown up just makes me feel like there are too many people afraid to have an original thought or disagree with the group. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:524ffc48-5d1a-499b-b3b1-3e80771ee097">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of my points were already made, since I'm kind of on the slow train to the post.  But something I would like to say that I've noticed is it seems like there are quite a few people who are almost afraid to disagree with the majority.  I think that's where those of us that are saying it's "too nice" (to paraphrase) here are getting it from.  Or those who say it seems like people are trying too hard.  It's like one well-liked person says something, and then 85% of the board jumps up to back them up.  Which, I also believe that many people in a fairly like-minded group can have the same views or opinions, but the way things are worded and the little bitty things that are picked up and blown up just makes me feel like there are too many people afraid to have an original thought or disagree with the group.   
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

agreed!! I love you, kisses hugs, sniffs your butt!!

wait, what?
  • Guys, I've eaten 1/3 of my container of nacho cheese while reading this. Thank you!
  • See, now, I'm just hungry.  Mara!  *shakes fist*
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:8f5a68d0-82ef-4467-8804-46f609e9fc45">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : agreed!! I love you, kisses hugs, sniffs your butt!! wait, what?

Well, just because you agreed, I changed my mind.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:88fcf934-8920-4819-96c4-8e71247c3b76">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AATB post 2 : Yes, I agree, and for the record, I'm not being all "cew your a big fat meanie for not liking OP's 'lol'!" She can side eye whatever she wants, it's just something that bugs me personally since it seems 'lol' isn't okay, but BWAHAHAHA or DED is. Same thing, we're on a message board, and a hilarious one at that, we will see a lot of lol's and its variables.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

For the record, I am not a fan of DED or Bwahahahaha either.

And I think this whole thing got blown waaaay out of proportion. It's absolutely silly now. If I want to think that AATB takes the Pollyanna thing a little too far, guess what? That's okay. And if she and everyone else wants to think I'm an asshole for thinking that, that's okay too. It is what it is. We don't all have to always get along.

And I should also say that this doesn't mean I don't like AATB. I actually think she's a really sweet girl. You all are lying to yourselves if you think that you have to love 100% of everything someone does in order to like them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:f598fce9-0169-4c2d-9104-c8b36ae04de6">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]But Blue, that is what the knot is. It is hanging out, knowing what is cool and what is not and taking flames and moving on. You definitely know that and I sure do too. The piece people are missing is that now people have this perception people haaaaate CCF which is so not the case. She didn't 'get' it, now she does, and things go on. So you see how the cycle just makes people think when people call some one on something then there is some inner board war. But really, it is just about having been around the block and moving along. The overreactions make it alll for the worse, kwim?

I totally get what you are saying.  I just see what everyone is saying where they feel damned if they do and damned if they dont.  Either they are too nice, or they are out of line for calling names.  IDK.  It just seems silly to me.  I dont think people are harping on getting flamed or called out, just more that they are looking to be pointed in the right direction.  It seems pointless to shiit on them for the effort and continue to shiit on them for the next 5 things they do.

I have not been posting much because im getting married in 9 days, but from what I have seen lately it seems that there are a few people who have just been making it a point to remind people that they still dont fit in here.  I dont think anyone cares about being liked by everyone, its more that I feel like they are thinking "Enough already, I get the point".  If that makes any sense at all.  Most of the girls getting called out have said that they accept the flame and know they are not going to please everybody, but it doesnt seem to be enough for some people.

Or it could just be that I have wedding brain and need to stfu until I get back from my honeymoon and can complete a thought.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whackadoodle.
  • I just don't see it. Aside from the CCF thread and this one, when are all of these flames and call outs going on?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:bed134b3-2118-440d-ada4-2f23f08f4317">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't see it. Aside from the CCF thread and this one, when are all of these flames and call outs going on?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>It's just the general atmosphere lately between the "it's boring and too nice around here" and various other threads, that while not directed at anyone in particular has created a slight rift between those of us who are fairly new, because we weren't here when it WAS interesting.</div>
  • Or at least, that's how I see it.
  • But I think you were. It was really awesome when we all started posting over here. There was a great mix of newbs, "pilgrims", and crazies. Maybe it was the newness and that we were all getting to know eachother?
  • Nope, Any, I see it too.  I don't really know where I fall on the new/old knotties line though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:bed134b3-2118-440d-ada4-2f23f08f4317">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't see it. Aside from the CCF thread and this one, when are all of these flames and call outs going on?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I don't see it either. 

And for the record, I was the first one to admit I was being an asshole in the CCF thread, in my very original post in it.  It was no surprise to me that people didn't like what I had to say.  It doesn't mean that I don't like CCF, because she hasn't done anything to make me not like her.  In fact, if I remember correctly, she had my back in a thread not so long ago.  I don't have anything more to say about it, one because I already said it, and two because I don't feel like I need to defend myself.  Just wanted to put it out there that I know I wasn't puppies and rainbows.

• I kind of get what you are saying. I remember, during a lull, old regs on E complaining about it being boring and different. I also remember taking it personally for a while until I realized that I wasn't making it boring. I might have been a part of the boringness as a whole, but so were they. We were all boring.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aatb-post-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:caadc963-aec9-40a9-aa04-07a4a1fb749cPost:bed134b3-2118-440d-ada4-2f23f08f4317">Re: AATB post 2</a>:
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Its kind of like Any said, more of a general vibe going on.  I am really trying hard to pinpoint it.  The best I can explain is that it feels like, to me, that people are really annoyed that the newer girls are so active on this board.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards