Florida-South Florida

I really hate to complain again.... but I know you guys will understand

You're the only one's that will be able to

I decide to see how long shipping for the BM dresses was going to take, 9-12 weeks! I didn't think it was going to take long since their is no customizing and it seems like a major company. It really is cutting it close since I have basically 12 weeks and 2 days!!! I really hope it takes 9.

So I text the other 2 girls and tell them that its either today or never cause I don't want them spending the money and it not arrive on time. They both write back that they don't have the money. Understandable, I was expecting it from one of them, but not the other. I also understand that the holidays just passed, but they've known about the dress 2 months now! I am so upset and so hurt by their actions that I just burst and told them straight out that it saddens me that I am not a priority to them, that they couldn't bump me up for the time being that I wasn't expecting them to do anything really (I really wasn't) but I was hoping they would prove me wrong. I already lost a BM, thanks to FBIL, and she was planning my BS and BP, and the other 3 girls haven't taken any interest whatsoever to do anything.

I am a strong believer of karma, I feel like everything I get and have are a direct result of the person I am. But really I don't deserve this, I know I am not the easiest person, but when it comes to my friends and family I bend over backwards for them, no matter what life is throwing my way at the moment. My friend just got engaged less than a week ago and I started planning her BS party, me, BROKE A** me! But I always find ways to get things done. It's obvious my friends don't do the same.

At least I don't have to carry this with me into the new year. Sorry for complaining so much. I almost cried, but I'm fine now

Wishing you gals a wonderful New Year!!!!!
Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I really hate to complain again.... but I know you guys will understand

• edited December 2011
    O no. That doesn't sound good. I cant believe they knew they needed to get a dress and have not saved any money. There is not much you can do other than let them wear a dress they already have or they will have to pay extra money to rush them. grrr.. Sorry they suck!! :(
    The new year will bring fabulous things and know that you will be marrying your FI with them in their dresses or not!
  • herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am so sorry they are acting that way! I just can't imagine comitting to being a BM and then telling the bride I can't afford the dress. They should just be making it work! So do you have others to replace them on such short notice?

If it makes you feel any better, my MOH is acting very similarly and it is totally disappointing.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just venting about this the other day.  I am getting married one week after you and the girls haven't order yet.  We picked it out 2 1/2 months ago.  I freaked because the store said they couldn't guarantee we would get it in time because of the Chinese New Year (dresses are all manufactured there).  So we are now Super Rushing it, not just Rushing it to get here in time for them to get alterations.  It's $60 more a dress to do it.  2 of them were waiting because of money, but the ones who had the money didn't order either.  The store won't order any until all of them do it.  My fiance told me, it's their fault for waiting so long. 

Good luck!  There are some styles that have quicker delivery too, so you may need to pick out another dress if they can't order it in time.
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided not to have any bridesmaids for this reason.  Truthfully, I don't feel like I have any friends that will bend over backwards for me like I do for them.  It sucks, because I not only wish that I had great friends, but having bridesmaids and having them throw me a bachelotte, and bridal shower would be so great.  I'm sorry this is hapening to you.  Feel free to PM me if you want to vent more.
  • edited December 2011
    Well from past experience... YES, most dresses take 9-12 weeks! But it's suuuuch a shame that these girls aren't taking an interest when they said YES to being your bms.

I wish I knew how to help you with this, all I can say is I'm praying for the best!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    I ended up buying all 3 BM dresses and told 2 of them they have to pay me back. One of them (the one that usually has no money worries) told me she'd pay me back this Friday. I am so scared that the dresses will take longer.

Nina, I had originally decided not to have any BM's either for that reason too. It sucks that people are so selfish. But like I said I was hoping they would prove me wrong. These are grls that I've know for over 10 years!!!! But w/e, what are you going to do, the show must go on. 
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Frown Well I hope you DO get paid back. And was there any way of putting a rush on those dresses??
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear you have to deal with this bs :-/ I have put off picking my BM because of stories like yours. I plan on being straightforward from the beginning in hopes of avoiding this. I hope it works and in hope everything works out for you too stay positive.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear that you have to deal with that and hope you do get paid back. I'm also not having any bridesmaids, mostly because when we started planning the wedding we just moved down here and I pretty much knew that I  couldn't count on / wouldn't end up remaining friends with the girls I knew in Tampa and I didn't know anyone down here so it just worked out that way. Now, however, each time I hear these stories I'm just thankful that I don't have to put up with such crap.
    Hope everything works out though and that your dresses come in in time.
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards