Hawaii
Options

Wedding Colors help

Hi everyone, 
     I'm trying to figure what the heck to call my wedding colors and trying to find the right shades of blue & green.  How did you choose your colors?  Did you use a specific website?  There are so many fancy names.  I'm not sure if my green is lime, kiwi, appletini, chartreuse, etc.  And I'm not sure if my blue is sky, spa, aqua, or turquoise, etc?  It's so confusing.  Help please!!  TIA!

Re: Wedding Colors help

• Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My colours are simple...ivory, turquoise, and chocolate brown...tried and true colours.  My invites may be more of an aqua vs turquoise but as long as the colours are close enough in shade that`s fine...for me not everything needs to be matchy matchy. J. Smile
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked my main color based by thinking about colors FI and I liked (and we both like blue), something that reflected the location, and then picked the shade based on what would look good on all 3 of my BMs, who have 3 very different skin colors.  Which is how I ended up w/ Aqua blue, and I added tan to go w/ it b/c I wanted something calming.

Then when we've gone looking for dresses, etc., I've just tried to pick the color that most looks like the shade I like.  Some designers call it Pool, others Spa.  It just depends on where you're looking, but at that point it's more a matter of matching what they have with what I want.

You should check out the Pantone color chart.  They're kinda the authority on colors.  Here's the link -

Then you can check out color combos at places like Martha Stewart's wedding site - http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/color-palettes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much.  Definitely going to check out those wesites!  I knew I could turn to the boards and find the answer Smile!  I know in my mind what the colors are, but didn't want to have names that were too out there.  Can't wait to check them out.  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards