Hawaii

Olowalu brides

Hello, I'm looking for some advice/help. Where do you recommend staying  if we are getting married at olowalu? thanks
C
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Olowalu brides

• edited December 2011
    I'd say somewhere along the west coast. We stayed in Kahana and it was a 25 minute drive. It would be much closer to Kaanapali.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Olowalu but are staying in condos in Kihei.  I would think that the Lahaina/Kaanapali area would be good if you are looking for hotels. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Olowalu to Kaanapali is a short drive. We stayed at The Westin and it was about 10 minutes away.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Hi

I just got married at Olowalu.

You do not want to stay in Kihei.  It is too far away especially if other activities are happening near Olowalu.  I stayed at the Royal Lahaina Resort and do not regret my choice.  They are reasonably priced and have a real Hawaiian feel to the resort.  The only downside is the restaurant (only one) has good food (not excellent) and the service can be a bit slow.  The beach, however, is some of the best in Kaanapali.

Stay in Kaanapali or Lahaina for convenience.

Westin is nice but more expensive and the rooms do not feel like Hawaii

Cheers

Lady Faye
  • edited December 2011
    P.S.

Olowalu is beautiful and you will not regret your choice.

Lady Faye
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to disagree with Lady Faye; I think Kihei is fine to stay at - it's a pretty popular choice on the boards. It's not like Maui is that big of an island. It's only 25 minutes or so north to Olowalu from there. Plus, a lot of the prices on condos are unbeatable, and you've got closer proximity to the south shore beaches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards