New York-Western

Reception venue??

We are still looking for a reception site in the buffalo area, please help!!! We are getting married in August 2012. We are looking for something more casual like a tent or something like Becker farms (too far). We need suggestions!! Thanks!!

Re: Reception venue??

• AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think the zoo does weddings there now. They didn't when I was looking or I would have done it there! Casual & lots of good areas for pictures.

• StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pearl Street!

We're getting married in August 2012 as well! We booked them this past winter... they are amazing and their coordinator is SO helpful (even this early into planning!)! We wanted something that was a little more casual as well- Pearl Street is exactly that! And they can truly work with any budget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:5950fbb1-2752-44f0-ae91-69283a361f25Post:e09adb18-1221-4918-b6b8-e34b39aaac6c">Re: Reception venue??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pearl Street! We're getting married in August 2012 as well! We booked them this past winter... they are amazing and their coordinator is SO helpful (even this early into planning!)! We wanted something that was a little more casual as well- Pearl Street is exactly that! And they can truly work with any budget!
    Posted by StephyD216[/QUOTE]

haha That's where we're getting married. I should say I'm not at all disapointed to be there rather than the zoo. Natalie is the best!!!
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummm did you try some of the country clubs. Alot of them have patios that you might be able to have the wedding on. I went to shower at one in the Amherst area, name totalling escaping me.

I got married at Rich's Atrium. Honestly the best wedding I have ever been to. The food is outstanding! Actually everything was outstanding!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What's your budget? What kind of reception do you want ( sit down or buffet)?

That would help so we don't suggest something out of your price range. The Zoo would be neat but, I looked into it and it's kind of pricey because you HAVE to use one of their caterers and they aren't cheap.

146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Avanti Mansion?  I've heard negative things about their customer service, but it's worth a shot.  I know they do tent-weddings outside.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • covarlacovarla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Ramada Inn in Amherst has a really nice tent and gazebo for weddings.  We just had our tasting there and were impressed by the food.  Probably a lot cheaper than Avanti Mansion. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Millennium hotel, in their courtyard area (has a glass ceiling)
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, hey what up August 2012. haha  
    Mine's at Salvatores, so thats probably no help, but I agree with the Ramada in Amherst.  Hotels usually have a deal if you have out of town guests, and they usually provide you with a free room that night too.

Other ideas would be Klocs, Koteki's.... or some other place near that also had outdoor type facilities.  One of them had this great covered patio area with fans and a garden -- can't remember the name for the life of me though. />.<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards