Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Father/Daughter Dance

I'm having a hard time picking a song for my dad and I for to dance to..What was yours?

Re: Father/Daughter Dance

• My father and I are dancing to Return to Pooh Corner by Kenny Loggins
  • My Girl by the Temptations

It was totally my dad's pick...for one, he used to sing it to me when I was little. Also, I was obsessed with Full House growing up and I guess they played it on there a few times, so he thought it was appropriate :)
    imageAnniversary
  • "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw.  Kind of cliche, I know, but I'm the youngest of 4 daughters so it seemed appropriate.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my dad is a huge beatles fan so i think im doing  In my Life, by the beatles
  • "Daughters" John Mayer
  • Father's and Daughter's by Kristin Chedowith
  • My step sister used "Butterfly kisses" and if I ever have a daughter I will be keeping my fingers crossed that she uses "I loved her first" by Heartland or "then they do" by Trace Adkins.

•   This is my girl and her Daddy dancing to "Butterfly Kisses".  Tears were falling all over that reception hall.  This is my favorite of all of the wedding pictures taken that day.
  • Father and Daughter by Paul Simon
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We did "I loved her First" by Heartland....and if you're having trouble deciding, I was too so I picked a handful of my favorites and gave the list to my dad, who then listened to them all on his time and picked his favorite so that we both had input and while we were dancing to it he even told me how glad he was that we did it that way and that we ended up with that song...just a suggestion, it helped for me. Good luck!
  • Mine was: Music of my Heart , the words are just perfect.
  • We did "I Loved Her First " by Heartland

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • look at your dads favorite musicans, my dad loves Sara Evans so I chose, You'll Always Be My Baby.

• Our wedding's not until 9/22, but my dad and I are dancing to "Everything" by Alanis Morissette :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 75 Invited so far! image 28 are ready to party!
    image 3 Will be missing out image 54 Are MIA
  • My dad picked "I loved her first" also... but talked to me the entire time because he didn't want to be sobbing :)

• My father and I danced to "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't do one. And I am glad we didn't.
    We were going to do a combined parent dance (me with my father, him with his mother).
    I had been going back & forth on dancing with my father for a few months. We never had a close relationship.
    The night of the rehearsal (2 days before the wedding) I felt bad so I added the dance back on.  The night before the wedding, he got into an argument with my Mother & said he wasn't attending the wedding.  What the argument had to do with me? NOTHING.
    So I just cancelled it.  He did end up attending the wedding & he did walk me down the aisle along with my oldest son. However, we did not have a dance.  It would have been fake to have one. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards