African American Weddings

How are you decorating your main aisle

I am getting married in March and need a bit of inspiration on center aisle decor for the one that I will be walking down.  Ladies, are you DIY'ing your aisle if so what did you use and where did you buy it?  I am decorating on my own and don't want to spend a lot of money on a lot of material but I know I have to do something.  My walk way is about 40 feet long so since there are 2 sides I would need to get 40 feet of whatever material I get.  Share pics and ideas if you can :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How are you decorating your main aisle

• Saw this on weddingbee posted by bride noritake22. She did huge pomander balls.

Mint Juleps cups filled with flowers:

Ribbon aisle:

Flower pots with ribbons:

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Some more. 

Flower cones:

You could do plain cones and add your new last initial, date, etc.

This is simple and elegant to me:

• This is our aisle runner: 

and it will be lined like this:

(it'll be more full like the vases will be in clusters of three)

NONE of this is DIY, lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Oh sorry.  I didn't post my aisle decor.  It is also not a DIY project but it may give you some ideas.

I asked for something similar to this with the dangling crystals hanging from the pomander balls with uplighting.  Petals too.

Ok.  I am gone now.  LOL!!  Sorry.  I love this stuff.

• i have just started figuring this out thanks for the inspriation ladies
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • This is how ours was decorated

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    This will be our aisle runner. This quote is on the back our guestbook and engraved in my FI's wedding band.  We use to send each other bible verses when we first started dating. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a custom aisle runner, pomander balls on each pew and rose petals going down the aisle on each side of the runner. Here is a not so good pic of the aisle, but it gives an idea:

Here is a close up of the aisle runner when we used it at the reception on the sweetheart table :

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ladies, if you are using an aisle runner, will your runner already be in the aisle prior to the ceremony, OR are you having someone roll the runner out before you make your grand entrance???  I'm trying to figure which way is best.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_decorating-main-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d66d547c-bc1f-4a23-bb81-95aa35e8a3fbPost:f06bfb95-83a7-4024-b880-14b81d162676">Re: How are you decorating your main aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies, if you are using an aisle runner, will your runner already be in the aisle prior to the ceremony, OR are you having someone roll the runner out before you make your grand entrance???  I'm trying to figure which way is best.
    Posted by missowens[/QUOTE]

Ours was rolled out prior to the ceremony. I loved that thing and went through A LOT to get it...I wanted it to be on display for as long as possible.

The aisle side of the pews were blocked off with toulle (sp), so guests did not step on it and had to be seated from the outter side of the pews.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_decorating-main-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d66d547c-bc1f-4a23-bb81-95aa35e8a3fbPost:14b572dc-428f-4007-b7fa-df4fab943b7c">Re: How are you decorating your main aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How are you decorating your main aisle : Ours was rolled out prior to the ceremony. I loved that thing and went through A LOT to get it...I wanted it to be on display for as long as possible. <strong>The aisle side of the pews were blocked off with toulle (sp), so guests did not step on it and had to be seated from the outter side of the pews.
    </strong>Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself.  Thanks for letting us all know. 
    80 said yes image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_decorating-main-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d66d547c-bc1f-4a23-bb81-95aa35e8a3fbPost:f06bfb95-83a7-4024-b880-14b81d162676">Re: How are you decorating your main aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies, if you are using an aisle runner, will your runner already be in the aisle prior to the ceremony, OR are you having someone roll the runner out before you make your grand entrance???  I'm trying to figure which way is best.
    Posted by missowens[/QUOTE]

It depends on how I decide on the rest of the Wedding Party entrace. The church has a center aisle and 4 other aisles. So if I have the wedding party enter on the inside left and right aisles and save the center for just me, then I'll have it set. If I have them use the center, then I'm going to have it rolled out.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • I purchased a custom aisle runner off etsy and we are having pillar candles with floating votives at each row.  The water with the floating candles will be light pink, one of our colors.

• Also, I looked into getting fabric and making my own and it was cheaper to just order from etsy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_decorating-main-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d66d547c-bc1f-4a23-bb81-95aa35e8a3fbPost:14b572dc-428f-4007-b7fa-df4fab943b7c">Re: How are you decorating your main aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How are you decorating your main aisle : Ours was rolled out prior to the ceremony. I loved that thing and went through A LOT to get it...I wanted it to be on display for as long as possible. <strong>The aisle side of the pews were blocked off with toulle (sp), so guests did not step on it and had to be seated from the outter side of the pews.
    </strong>Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

This is my FI all the way.  He is not playing about no one walking on that aisle but me and flower girl...lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_decorating-main-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d66d547c-bc1f-4a23-bb81-95aa35e8a3fbPost:25777773-051d-4794-b55f-3bc07c386c54">Re: How are you decorating your main aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]This will be our aisle runner. This quote is on the back our guestbook and engraved in my FI's wedding band.  You use to send each other bible verses when we first started dating. 
    Posted by kaimah[/QUOTE]

I love your pic of the tulle on the aisle.  That is really nice.  Thinking of that rather than the skinny drapped look like garland or something.  Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies,  I knew working with you all was going to get me the answers I needed.  You all are great, REALLY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was wondering tho, would this look just as good on church pews?  You know with brown wood and stuff?  I was just wondering.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing something very similar to 2010Bride... minus the flower petals on each side of the aisle runner (church sanctuary policies).
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • 577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Ok soooo I'm a bit selfish and I dont want anyone walking on my bed of roses but me.  Would it be weird to have the BP enter from the sides
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_decorating-main-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d66d547c-bc1f-4a23-bb81-95aa35e8a3fbPost:a2a5610e-8a75-4446-a43e-e7436302e944">Re: How are you decorating your main aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok soooo I'm a bit selfish and I dont want anyone walking on my bed of roses but me.  Would it be weird to have the BP enter from the sides
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]
    NOPE! My FI is picky about that for me too! lol! he is worst than me with it and made it very clear from the jump that bridal party will be coming down the side aisles and not the center.  Am1SSJ- Are you doing real rose petals? If so where are you getting them from?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards