Moms and Maids

Best Bachelorette party ideas?

I'm MOH in my best friends wedding. They were planning on getting married in June back home (WA), but have now decided to get married in Hawaii in April or May. She wants to do her bachelorette party while I'm back home in January, since we won't have a chance to do it before the wedding. This means I am planning a bachelorette party that I thought I had several months to plan, in a couple of weeks.
Anyway - we are starting off with a Pure Romance Party... but other than that, any ideas? I want to get a limo, so I don't want to go to just one place. Thanks!
Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best Bachelorette party ideas?

• mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked other members of the WP for their input? Even the bride can give you some ideas on what she would like. I guess it all depends on what exactly you were looking to do, bar hopping, relaxing dinner, bowling etc

I would try your local board too, they can give you ideas on specific places.
  • garcias1garcias1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Unfortunately, I don't have any specific advice about your problem (I don't know what a Pure Romance Party is).  I would say to just think about what your friend would love and do that.  Does she like bars/clubs?  Then go bar hopping.  Is she not into going out and getting drunk?  Then do a spa weekend or have a movie night and sleepover at someone's house.  Also, you could do a wine tasting weekend or some sort of fun, new experience you have never done before.

I do have some unsolicited advice for you though: don't feel stressed to plan some big extravagant b-party.  The bride really shouldn't dictate that she gets a b-party, let alone when to have it.  A b-party is a gift from you (or whoever throws it) to her and is not an essential MOH duty.  If you want to plan a b-party for her, plan it in your own time, on your own terms.  If you can't throw something together in a couple of weeks, that is totally understandable.  Good luck in whatever you decide.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    edited December 2011
    Just remember if you are involving other BMs to get their input on their budgets. The questions that come to my mind are "what are the Bride's interests?" Is she a drinker? If so, a few bar hopping to the hottest bars.  Is she not a drinker? Then a nice restaurant for dinner. Other ideas:

Comedy clubs
    Dance clubs (most have bars but its more dance)
    Sports night (go bowling, see a game, play other sporting activity)
    Big Girls Slumber party (get some board games, some naughty party games, movies)

Those are just the basics that come to mind. But basically, Bachelorette party is just a regular party/gathering where you can do whatever activity you want with the Bride's closest girlfriends. It doesn't have to be expensive or have a hundred activities, just a day or night out with the ladies doing something fun (I've been to a Bachelorette Party Camping Trip).

• edited December 2011
    Definitely ask the other girls first. I have heard of Pure Romance before, but don't really know what it is, I can only guess though. I am not a fan of pricey, destination type bach parties. One of my BM's was underage, so a few of us just went out bar hopping a few days before the wedding. It was fun and we had a good time. And no one ended up going broke because of it.
  • edited December 2011
    A Pure Romance party is like a Tupperware Party... but with *ahem* bedroom accessories (if you catch my drift).
    I guess the problem is that where we are from is a small town. There's about 5 bars and not a whole lot else to do. The plan is to have the party, get a limo, go to a couple of the bars... just trying to think of things to do between the party and the bar... I don't want to rent a limo just to go bar hopping (because all the bars are on one street, and we could walk, lol). I'd like to get our money's worth out of the limo.
    I've asked everyone who is invited to give ideas, but no one has given me any.
    And I'm okay with doing it in January - there really isn't any other time I would be able to do it before the wedding.
    Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Are you planning your own bach party?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:eea8f434-5608-4188-a61b-927d7cf02bbcPost:af4480d5-ca6c-4cd4-bad9-7d4d7cf75177">Re: Best Bachelorette party ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you planning your own bach party?
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

No, I'm planning hers. I've gotten input from her, but she hasn't said much besides wanting a limo and going to her favorite bar. But like I said, I am looking for a little variety. I was hoping that some people have been to bachelorertte parties before and could give me some fun ideas from those.
    edited December 2011
    Could you ask her instead of a limo to get like a nice hotel room (maybe a suite)?

I think your over thinking of trying to get an awesome idea. Seriously, it isn't where you have it that matters, it's all just having fun with close girlfriends and family. I have had just as much fun bowling, mini golfing, go karts, chillaxin in my PJ with a margarita, as getting all awesome looking and dancing at clubs. So if you can't do a small road trip to a larger city to do stuff, then just stick with some of the basic activities for having fun.

Plus, the Bride can suggest things but it doesn't mean you have to do them. I've been in charge of Bachelorette parties where the Bride wanted something that I couldn't afford, I didn't slap her down right there but just told her not to worry because she will be having a fabulous time and she did.
  • edited December 2011
    AutumnFair - thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for :)
    I'm not trying to think if amazing, over-the-top ideas, just looking for things to do (and was having a mind block).  Bowling is a great idea - I should've thought of that since it's the only other thing to do in town, lol. I'll have to look into whether or not they've built a mini golf course in my town, but I know there is one in a close town, so I'll check into it. Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    Your very welcome. Trust me, my area isn't a big city so it does bring challenges to think of fun possibly unique things to do that will make the party special. After I planned the first Bachelorette party (and been to many since) I realized that pretty much anything you do will make for an awesome time.  Good luck, I'm sure you friend will have a great time.
  • pretzelgrrlpretzelgrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When my friend had a bachelorette party, we went to a drag show (for Boston people-Jacques).  Not sure if there are any near you but it was a blast.  We had so much fun and best of all nos illy guys hitting on us LOL...and since you are having a pure romance party, I figure you are not shy ;-)
    Anniversary
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pure Romance parties are fun, but do you really want to make the bach party into a sales presentation? I wouldn't want to do that to my friends, personally. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards