New York-New York City

Shower venues

Hi all,

Because my mom lives in NJ and my FMIL lives on LI, they have decided to throw me a shower in Manhattan so it's in the middle for everyone.  That being said, they are having trouble finding a venue.  I am NOT planning my own shower, but my mom is stressing out that she is having a hard time finding venues that will host a large shower of about 80 women.  She wants to keep me out of all the planning, but asked if I could at least suggest a few places to help her get started.  I'm not so sure myself where to suggest, so I was wondering if any of you could give me some ideas that I could suggest to her?  I was surprised to hear that many places told her the max. capacity was around 40 women. 

I am so greatful and excited that they are throwing me a shower, and I'd love to give her suggestions so she doesn't feel overwhelmed since she knows very little about the city.

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower venues

• If you go on opentable there is a drop down section in party size that says something like large party and it shows all the places capacities and location and sometimes pricing.  That might be a good place to start.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_shower-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:c4084869-70f7-4304-94eb-12f277271bebPost:f291e3ea-7af7-46b4-8df3-6053e4c2ea5a">Shower venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, Because my mom lives in NJ and my FMIL lives on LI, they have decided to throw me a shower in Manhattan so it's in the middle for everyone.  That being said, they are having trouble finding a venue.  I am NOT planning my own shower, but my mom is stressing out that she is having a hard time finding venues that will host a large shower of about 80 women.  She wants to keep me out of all the planning, but asked if I could at least suggest a few places to help her get started.  I'm not so sure myself where to suggest, so I was wondering if any of you could give me some ideas that I could suggest to her?  I was surprised to hear that many places told her the max. capacity was around 40 women.  I am so greatful and excited that they are throwing me a shower, and I'd love to give her suggestions so she doesn't feel overwhelmed since she knows very little about the city. Thank you!
    Posted by Benny618[/QUOTE]
  • Tony di Napoli on 3rd avenue has a lot of space and I've seen showers there before.  It's basic Italian food which everyone seems to like.  A slightly more upscale option is Paradou in the meatpacking district.  They have a nice back area with a glass roof.
  •  I see you are looking for a venue for your shower. I am a Wedding Planner at the Grand Prospect hall in Brooklyn, N.Y and we are located very close to manhattan. I would like to invite you to come take a look at our hall to host your event. If you are interested please give me a call at 718-788-0777 and ask for Michael D. Thanks and congratulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards