New Jersey - South

an actual "affordable" officiant?

Getting married 11/16/12 in Spring Lake, NJ.  I had my eye on an officiant but 550 dollars for the ceremony and rehearsal is just a bit much for us! All of the other officiants I have found online call themselves "affordable" and lo and behold "affordable" to them is almost $500!  I'm sure its affordable for some people but not for us. I am sure that people that charge this much work hard at what they do, but we decided to have an actual wedding last minute and are just trying to get the funds up now to have what we want.  We would like someone with a sense of humor and down to earth like we are.  I'm about to ask my fiancee's aunt to get ordained.  Is what I am looking for just not out there? Anyone use anyone that fits the criteria?  It'd be nice to have someone with some sort of experience.  Thanks so very much bc this is stressing me out!

Re: an actual "affordable" officiant?

• I would suggest having your FI's aunt get ordained.  Did you try Craigslist?

Just to use our church, it cost us $550 and that didn't include a stipend to the priest, altar servers, or musicians.  So I understand where you are coming from! 
  • The officiant my husband and I used was a retired Catholic priest (not sure if you're looking for anything religious or not but he can do a non denominational ceremony as well) and we paid his full fee of $400. However, he did tell us that if we couldn't pay that, he was very happy to work with us on the price of the ceremony because he didn't view marriage as a money making opportunity but something used to unite people in love. That will include the rehearsal and he also does 2-3 workshops with you about marriage and relationships and communication which I really enjoyed. Let me know if you'd like his info!
  • You can always have a close family member or friend get be the officiant for your wedding.  I believe they could get ordained online.  This will definitely be budget friendly and you'll have someone that is special to you and your fiance officiate your ceremony.
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Check out Father Anthony Testa (732-530-8635).  He quoted us only $350.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_an-actual-affordable-officiant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:66c22c3d-83df-493f-a6e3-024e120cfe57Post:357d7491-d0e8-4987-bf21-132dc7399471">an actual "affordable" officiant?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Getting married 11/16/12 in Spring Lake, NJ.  I had my eye on an officiant but 550 dollars for the ceremony and rehearsal is just a bit much for us! All of the other officiants I have found online call themselves "affordable" and lo and behold "affordable" to them is almost $500!  I'm sure its affordable for some people but not for us. I am sure that people that charge this much work hard at what they do, but we decided to have an actual wedding last minute and are just trying to get the funds up now to have what we want.  We would like someone with a sense of humor and down to earth like we are.  I'm about to ask my fiancee's aunt to get ordained.  Is what I am looking for just not out there? Anyone use anyone that fits the criteria?  It'd be nice to have someone with some sort of experience.  Thanks so very much bc this is stressing me out!
    Posted by xkozmikx[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Try Rev. Monique with Blissful Ceremonies. She is great! Here's her # 732.900.8176. She's in Red Bank NJ her website is <a href="http://www.blissfulceremonies.com" rel="nofollow">www.blissfulceremonies.com</a></div><div>Everything included cost us $350!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards