South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Where to have a private reception for less than 15 guests

My fiance and I are getting married at Waterfront Park on Wed, Oct. 6, 2010. We are only expecting 10-15 total, but would still like to have a private dinner, cut our cake, etc. Possibly stream our own music from an ipod, etc, so we can maybe have a dance or 2. Is anyone else in the same situation or have you been? I have exhausted local restaurant websites, inns, etc. Would love a courtyard or rooftop, but with such a small party, don't know if they will accomodate us.
Any suggestions would help!!

Re: Where to have a private reception for less than 15 guests

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how much money you want to spend, but we had ours at Tristan in room #55. We had our Ipod player and danced and ate and they took care of the cakes we brought in from Publix. They are wonderful and their food in extraordinary.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'd highly recommend renting a home on folly beach, you can stay in it and have a reception there. many of them have a nice rooftop veranda for smaller weddings. plus, you can hire and outside caterer, bring your own booze and play your own music.
  • Options
    katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    High Cotton restaurant has two smaller private rooms that would probably be a good size for you, and I know they have ipod hookup in one of the rooms (if not both), and the room in the back has a nice little patio space through some french doors.  The back room is really nice and they have AMAZING food and service. I almost used them for our reception of 35 people, but we are going with McCrady's instead because they have a larger space.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone above has already given you great suggestions! I'll add that the Doubletree on the corner of Market and Church has a very nice courtyard that I know they'll rent out to parties. Good luck and congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried 82 Queen? I used to work there a few summers ago, so I know their food is delicious. While I worked there, there was a small party that came in and had their wedding reception in one of the upstairs rooms of the restaurant. The restaurant is broken up into many different areas but they accomodate parties well and have a lady there who does the events. I know when I e-mailed them about our rehearsal dinner, they couldn't accomodate us because the highest number their biggest room could hold was 35 I believe.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go outside of downtown, I'd recommend Village Post House in Mt. Pleasant. We had our rehearsal dinner there in a private room upstairs (Pitt Street Room). It was absolutely beautiful, the food was fantastic and the service was great.
    This kind of love is what I dreamed about ~6.4.10~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you really want a rooftop....have you thought about checking out the top floor of vendue rooftop?  Also..some of the bars on the market have new outdoor areas that they might let you rent for a small reception...especially on a Weds night.  I also liked the idea someone else had of renting a house somewhere.   
  • Options
    MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    High Cotton is great for a small reception...here's a sample wedding at White Point Gardens and Waterfront Park: http://www.charlestonwedding.com/#/shirey/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards