Massachusetts-Boston

School Bus Rental

We are thinking about using a school bus for a shuttle service for our guests.  Our wedding is on the North Shore in Topsfield. Does anyone know a good company that does this and any idea on what it would cost?  We are looking for it to take people from the hotel to the reception and back. 

Re: School Bus Rental

• amccarthy3amccarthy3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Local Motion. They had pretty reasonable prices for the school bus
  • edited December 2011
    I used First Student... great prices and no complaints!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Local Motion. They quoted me $535 for a 50-passenger school bus, for 1 hour before the reception and 1 hour after.
  • edited December 2011
    Im in the south shore and I'm using Joseph Ingles bus service.... quoted $ 375 per school bus (we need two) for 5 hours of service per bus, with $75/hour for each additional hour needed. In pricing it out, I found them WAY cheaper than Local Motion or anything else of the sort! GIve them a call or email, see if they cover North Shore too!

I love the idea of running two buses - that way people don't feel like they're stuck at the reception, or need to leave earlier than they would like to.
  • edited December 2011
    Which company did you end up going with for the bus from Topsfield? I'm getting married in Topsfield in July and I'm looking for a bus to hold 50 people to take from the Peabody Marriott and back. Is there a website for Joseph Ingles?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi eswan....did you ever end up booking a bus for your wedding?  Doing Topsfield wedding to Peabody Marriott as well.

Thanks for any help!
  • edited December 2011
    Just in case anyone is looking... I don't think they have a website, but I did find this on the BBB http://www.trustthisbiz.com/josephingle_busservice
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_school-bus-rental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:9ad16334-e348-4034-bff1-56fe92b90675Post:5e7c8573-b50b-4a85-b397-00dcf1e90ca7">Re: School Bus Rental</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which company did you end up going with for the bus from Topsfield? I'm getting married in Topsfield in July and I'm looking for a bus to hold 50 people to take from the Peabody Marriott and back. Is there a website for Joseph Ingles?
    Posted by eswan69[/QUOTE]

I'm also getting married in Topsfield and looking for bussing to and from the Peabody Marriott. What did you find?? Any suggestions on transportation? I'm getting married and March and need to book this soon. Forgot all about it!! Thanks!
  • edited April 2013
    2013 update: Looked into quotes for school buses from two companies as of now.  First Student vs. Local Motion.  First student is quoting me at $140 cheaper.  Also, customer service wise, Local Motion seemed eager to get me off the phone and First Student seemed a lot more patient with answering my questions.  

First Students has tons of locations - worth looking into!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards