Georgia-Atlanta

Fake cakes?

I recently learned about this fake cake concept- where you might have the top two layers as "real cake" and the bottom tier or two is actually fake..  You cut it, hen they wheel it away and serve sheet cake behind the scenes and no one knows!

Sounds like a great way to save some money!

Does anyone know of any places that offer this in Atlanta???

Re: Fake cakes?

• im sure you can order a sheet cake from walmart, sams club or costco and explain about how u want the bottom layer to be styrofoam or fake :)
  • I almost did that, but found an awesome cake girl to do a cake for me for my budget, and all three tiers amazing flavored cake. No fake crap. Awesome price. She lives in lawrenceville, want her info, message me. She did an awesome job! Love her. And found her the last 2wks out because we couldn't find someone to do all 3 tier cake for my price range and for good cakes. I bake cakes, but not decorative ones yet, and I know good cake, she rocked it. My maid of honor found her. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_fake-cakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:e5c3f0f8-f2f0-4e4f-9bea-a6fa71ff2660Post:1bc1baa2-6278-4a14-a6d7-f8591c1f4c29">Re: Fake cakes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I almost did that, but found an awesome cake girl to do a cake for me for my budget, and all three tiers amazing flavored cake. No fake crap. Awesome price. She lives in lawrenceville, want her info, message me. She did an awesome job! Love her. And found her the last 2wks out because we couldn't find someone to do all 3 tier cake for my price range and for good cakes. I bake cakes, but not decorative ones yet, and I know good cake, she rocked it. My maid of honor found her. 
    Posted by ButterflyChickadee[/QUOTE]

Would you share the info on this great baker?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards