Not Engaged Yet

C&P Before you get married

Here is a post from the Nest about the things you should do before they you married - both alone and with your spouse:

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/26600072.aspx

Thought maybe it would interest some people here (and you asked for more Nest C&Ps).

WDYT?

TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Re: C&P Before you get married

• edited December 2011
    We've done it all.  I've been living solo for almost 5 years.  We're moving in soon and we already had the chore talk.  I made a list of what needs to be done and we divided it up.  Some jobs will be rotated (like cleaning the cat box, which we both hate).  

As for the bedroom, no issues there.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah we're all set too.  There's some more suggestions if you read the replies, including discussing finances and realizing the other person will not change just because you're married.  I think talking about kids and aging parents is a good idea too.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Sounds pretty solid to me.
    I've never actually lived alone because it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, even though it meant crazy roommates, but I have been responsible for myself without the help of others.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We've done most of those things, other than talking about aging parents.

That's a pretty good thread!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We did the finances talk and touched upon aging family members.   We like to talk.  Great ideas though.  Wasn't there a recent poster who was upset because her bf does nothing around the house?  Maybe she should read the post (I don't mean it in a snarky way, I'm being genuine.).
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chat about these things a lot.  I'm glad you posted this tho - it's a good thread (aside from the argument happening within it...hahaha)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards