Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

taco bar during hours de vours

Has anyone ever had a taco bar during the cocktail hour? I want to do something fun and different (we're doing hand-passed appetizers).  Thoughts welcome! I'd also love to see pictures if you've done something similar! 

Re: taco bar during hours de vours

• phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds like a lot of fun to liven up cocktail hour. I had a Spanish themed cocktail hour, we served hot and cold tapas and the guests loved them as they were different from the standard wedding hor d'ouevres. We also hired a Spanish guitarist to play during it so maybe you could even hire a Latin musician of some kind/mariachi player to set the mood even more. Just a thought :)

But I'd say go for it.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it sounds fun! i've never seen it done but i think guests would enjoy it.
    Anniversary image<br
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss had a taco station at his cocktail hour.  It was pulled pork tacos and they were delicious.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds awesome. I love fun cocktail stations!
  • edited December 2011

Mmm sounds great :) Make sure to have beans so the vegetarian can enjoy too :)

• Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds delic! Are you having a dinner also? Just don't over do it so that everyone is full before they even eat dinner! You don't want to spend all that money on food and no one touch it!
  • edited December 2011
    can i come to your cocktail hour??  love the idea!
  • deb84deb84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds delicious! Just make sure you have tables though so people don't have to try to balance everything while they eat/drink.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds amazing. If I was a guest at your wedding, I would love you for having a taco bar.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies!  The plan is to have a cocktail hour (people can sit at their tables during that time too) with passed appetizers and then *maybe* a taco station.  I want to do something different that is memorable.  I agree though- don't want to over do it since we are paying so much for the food.  Definitely want people to eat what they are served!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't do the passed apps, and just do a taco/nacho bar. I mean, cocktail hour is only an HOUR and you're having dinner right after that. People will have 1, maybe 2 drinks. They don't need much food. We just had passed apps at our cocktail hour, so everyone had maybe 2-5 pieces. Then for dinner we did salad, soup, pasta. Then cake.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs about having so much at the cocktail hour that no one will eat dinner!  Love the taco bar idea, but I would that instead of apps.  Sounds yummy!
    Anniversary
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummmm that is AMAZING
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards