Hawaii

Studiosuits.com

Not the most exciting topic, but thought I would share our great experience with Studiosuits.com. 

FI
is not a suit kinda guy, so we didn't want to spend a ton of money.  We ordered the $99.00 custom made blended linen suit.  I measured FI (which was hilarious!) and placed the order on-line.  Really easy, with good directions for measuring and lots of options for the kind of suit you want. 

Total cost with shipping was $134.00 and it took about 2.5 weeks from the time I placed the order to get it.  It looks great!!!  Really well made and FI says comfortable!  Communication was good, they told me when it went into production (which was right away!) and gave me a tracking number once it was shipped. 

Also, I ordered some fabric samples (mostly lighter colors in the pure linen and the blended linen) so if anyone is interested I would happily put them into the mail for you!  I'm terrible at throwing things away, but I really don't think I need to hang on to fabric samples!!!  Just send me PM if you are interested. 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Studiosuits.com

• edited December 2011
    Definitely interested!  Sending you a message now! Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Its not letting me send you a PM.  I'll have to try again later :(
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  I read about this company on the Destination Wedding board, and we'll probably be ordering FI's suit from them, as well.  I love that you can get it custom to fit them for such an affordable price.  He's not a suit guy either, so it's a relief not to have to spend buckets on getting him one.

Question - did you get the satin lining in the slacks?  what color suit did you get?  are you happy with that decision?  I'm afraid not to get the satin lining b/c I don't want FI's business showing off in the sunshine, but he also doesn't need another layer getting him hot if he doesn't need it.  Any help you can offer is appreciated.  Thanks!
  • machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Carrie,

The color we ordered was "rome beige", FI's choice!  It's a nice color, light but not too light.  It is the blended linen, so it has a texture to it.  My mom and aunt recommended the blended vs. the pure linen, because the pure will wrinkle easily.   

Yes, we did get the lining in the slacks, which comes down to the knee.  They recommended it for the lighter colored pants, so we did it.  With this color, I'm not sure it was necessary...it's hard to say though...maybe, better safe than sorry?  However, if you did choose one of the darker colors, I bet it would be no problem without the lining.   Hope that helps!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_studiosuitscom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:26c7b24b-dd05-4d0d-b85e-c3cb2465950dPost:da4b1607-d893-4a0c-a939-ca424e710601">Re: Studiosuits.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we did get the lining in the slacks, which comes down to the knee.  They recommended it for the lighter colored pants, so we did it.  With this color, I'm not sure it was necessary...it's hard to say though...maybe, better safe than sorry? 
    Posted by machan2010[/QUOTE]
    This was my thinking as well.  I'd hate to have FI wearing see-through pants at the wedding.  Although his GMs might like it.  :)<div>
    </div><div>I think we're thinking light beige.  Or, I should say, I'm thinking light beige.  FI still thinks he's wearing shorts.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I too can recommend Studio Suits.

Great Customer Service and  better price!!

Suits fits great except it is a little tight under the arms, my FI always has a problem there, like i said to him, its just for looks for the ceremony, he can take it off later :)
    http://tinyurl.com/27hpnuk Christie & Daryl, May 10, 2010 - Paradise Cove, Oahu, Hawaii
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for this post!!! I am considering ordering from studiosuits but I was afraid it was too good to be true. Now I feel a little more comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards