Moms and Maids

I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.

Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:b498d5d9-9f58-438b-bc84-8d43dda9c667">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't wait any longer to get married, I want children.<strong> I am mature, I am 31.</strong>
    Posted by PantsDance[/QUOTE]
    You're not mature.  Mature people don't freak out about having their spotlight stolen.  It's not about age, it's about attitude, and yours sucks.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:735504e8-4689-484a-b6fa-75d408a2893b">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]And you shouldn't ask anyone to pass out programs, whether you like them or not. Then what do I do with them?
    The programs or the people?  The programs can go in a basket by the door.  The people should be allowed to attend as guests and not given pointless bitchwork to do.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:735504e8-4689-484a-b6fa-75d408a2893b">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]And you shouldn't ask anyone to pass out programs, whether you like them or not. Then what do I do with them?

Bury them for stealing your spotlight.

You do nothing.  Being a guest is an honor in itself.  Jeez.  and you keep saying you're mature.  I fail to see this since you're acting like a 5 year-old whose friend got the same Barbie you did ....But it's MY Barbie. 
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like he has stolen something from me. He is only 27 there is no rush at all for him to get married. I have a rush because I want children. I thought my brother would respect that.
  • edited December 2011
    lol @ cynthia

If you are insistent on someone passing out programs, you can have the ushers give them out as they are seating people. This way, you are designating one person to do such a silly "job"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    and Pants.... seems like you are very insecure and want attention because you maybe have not gotten a lot of it growing up OR you got too much of it and always expect it. Please try to understand that life and weddings are not all about you. You will still have a special wedding and no one will take that from you. But if you keep acting like this, people will loose respect in you reeeeal quick. 

Age does not have to do with when you should get engaged. Your brother is happy and that should make you happy. Get over yourself... love and marriage is not a competition.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:b498d5d9-9f58-438b-bc84-8d43dda9c667">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't wait any longer to get married, I want children. I am mature, I am 31.

I beg to differ.

And age does not equal maturity.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:036b0845-142d-4454-83c0-b200f4dea62a">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like he has stolen something from me. He is only 27 there is no rush at all for him to get married. I have a rush because I want children. I thought my brother would respect that.
    If this is honestly bothering you, I think you need to seek counseling, because this is not normal.  It's no business of yours when your brother gets married or why, it has nothing to do with you, and he doesn't need your permission or approval to get engaged.  You can keep repeating your reasons all you want, but it's not going to convince anyone here that those reasons are any less insane.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:036b0845-142d-4454-83c0-b200f4dea62a">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like he has stolen something from me. He is only 27 there is no rush at all for him to get married. I have a rush because I want children. I thought my brother would respect that.

His getting engaged has no impact whatsoever on your getting married.  Get a grip.
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I read was MY MY MY MY MY....MY. If YOU don't want her in YOUR wedding, don't have her in it. If your only reasoning is because your brother proposed during YOUR engagement time, I'd say you're pretty pathetic and FAR FROM mature. Everyone is entitled to be happy, including your brother.

I hope he doesn't get her pregnant when YOUR pregnant. It will totally take away from YOUR babies spotlight.
  • edited December 2011
    aerin is right. You need to seek counseling. I am not saying that to be mean but it is true. You are displying huge signs of insecurity and need to work things out with your inner self. You should be so excited to be getting married AND to help your bro out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    His getting engaged has no impact whatsoever on your getting married. 

But it does, people are going to have to shell out money for 2 different weddings. Once I am married my mom is going to have to do this all over again, no break at all thanks to my brother. Also because the weddings are so close together his girlfriend will steal ideas from my wedding.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I sure hope your FSIL doesn't get pregnant before you do.  Then you'd have a whole other monster.  You're insane.
  • AthseaAthsea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, what, he should wait until he's an age you approve of before he gets engaged? Is there a family curse that will make you infertile if your brother gets engaged before you're pregnant? Your brother is in love. He's engaged and getting married because he and his fiancee feel they are ready. That timeline of being ready is independent of you. He didn't do it to spite you, he did it because he felt the time was right for HIM. It does not make your wedding or babies any less special. It does not take anything from you. It adds to the family's collective happiness.
  • edited December 2011
    Pants---- HONESTLY, why do you think she will steal all of your ideas? Just don't tell her your ideas and you are safe. Plus, even if god forbid, she picks ONE of your colors, do you really think your tastes are completely alike?

and shame on you for worrying about money when this is a celebration of love.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:d8d8b7e4-993b-4f84-b0b8-bd17d5d8c4d7">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to wait so long to find my FI, I think I deserve the spot light.

And with the attitude that you are projecting, I can see why.  The man must have the patience of a saint.
  • edited December 2011
    spotlight? Are you Queen Elizabeth? This is about 2 people... not just you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:a01be790-0821-474d-af3d-107514190527">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]His getting engaged has no impact whatsoever on your getting married.  But it does, people are going to have to shell out money for 2 different weddings. Once I am married my mom is going to have to do this all over again, no break at all thanks to my brother. Also because the weddings are so close together his girlfriend will steal ideas from my wedding.
    What does your mom have to do all over again?  DH's siblings were both married within three months of us, and it wasn't a big deal.  Yes, it meant that people had to scale their gifts back a bit, but such is life.  If THAT'S what your ultimate concern is, then you're appallingly greedy in addition to being insecure.  And so what if his FIANCEE (they are engaged, she's no longer the girlfriend) uses some of the things you did?  You don't have a copyright on them, and no one is going to care about the details anyway.  Your guests are there for food, booze, and catching up with friends and family.

Seriously, seek help.  None of these are normal concerns.

• courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You officially cannot be real. Please go away, troll.
  • edited December 2011
    do you really think your tastes are completely alike?

I don't know what her tastes are. I don't know anything about her.
  • mmccrmmccr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell from the way you are acting that your brother's marriage will last longer than yours.
  • edited December 2011
    then how are you sure that she will steal ideas? you seriously make no sense..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:8c02acf5-a626-4b25-9aca-3619b0429e12">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]do you really think your tastes are completely alike? I don't know what her tastes are. I don't know anything about her.
    Maybe you should bother to try to get to know this person who's going to be part of your family instead of hating her for no reason other than that your brother had the audacity to propose.

• edited December 2011

This gal isn't getting mad or taking any of our advice. Maybe she is just someone trying to get a kick out of our responses..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    then how are you sure that she will steal ideas?

She already has, I was telling my mom that I want my bridesmaids to carry pomanders and girlfrien said "I was thinking of doing something like that too"
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_dont-want-fsil-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bb2d8f32-3477-4627-aef1-4011d8d1d450Post:0900c0f0-ce27-47dd-a4d3-94461dfdf978">Re: I don't want my FSIL in MY bridal party.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This gal isn't getting mad or taking any of our advice. Maybe she is just someone trying to get a kick out of our responses..
    Posted by heinz11msw[/QUOTE]

Probably.  She has to be a troll.  I refuse to believe anyone is this selfish or sefl-centered
  • edited December 2011
    get the efff over it. seriously. You are such a queen.

MUD MUD MUD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You and your FI plan your own wedding.  She and your brother will plan theirs.

Just what does your mom have to do all over again?  Buy a gift?  I'm sure she'll figure it out somehow.

Edit:  She's not his girlfriend.  She's his fiancee.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten any adivce. I asked what should I do when people ask me about FSIL being in the bridal party and no one answered me.
  • edited December 2011
    I answered you.  I told you that you don't have to have her in your bridal party, to let her be a guest.  And to get the eff over yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards