July 2013 Weddings

Rain on your wedding day?

I checked the farmers almanac last week and it predicted severe thunderstorms on our wedding day! We have an outdoor wedding planned and unfortunately this has really put a damper on things. Yes, we are getting a tent but not sure that's going to cut it. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a meteorologist for NOAA he said the almanac is based on climate and stat projections and generally 80 accurate. But basically you really don't know the deal until a week before. Not what a bride to be wants to hear! What precautions are ppl making?

Re: Rain on your wedding day?

• or venue has a back up place but i may just wing it. 

• We have a backup plan, and it's completely indoors (no tents for us). Having a really good backup plan that I'd actually be OK with using was essential, and I wouldn't book a venue that didn't provide one. If you're not OK with the tent, you might want to consider looking into something else.

I'm choosing not to think about the weather until the day of or day before. I have no control over it, so I'll just deal with it as it comes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I'm not worrying about it. Like Beads said, the weather is something we have no control over, so why stress? Just create a solid back-up plan and be done with it. Our ceremony is outdoors. Reception indoors. If needs be (which I doubt it will since San Diego July weather is perfect), we can have the ceremony in our reception room... not the optimal set-up, but it works for me! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How did you figure out what the weather would be.on your wedding day?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Rain on your wedding day?:[QUOTE]How did you figure out what the weather would be.on your wedding day? Posted by NateandJustine[/QUOTE]

Google weather predictors for that month, you'll get a crapload of hits. Hth!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_rain-on-your-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:adc3fbf1-0c33-404c-a50e-cb9439b97604Post:ff197322-f5f8-4a7d-b485-6e908655af58">Rain on your wedding day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I checked the farmers almanac last week and it predicted severe thunderstorms on our wedding day! We have an outdoor wedding planned and unfortunately this has really put a damper on things. Yes, we are getting a tent but not sure that's going to cut it. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a meteorologist for NOAA he said the almanac is based on climate and stat projections and generally 80 accurate. But basically you really don't know the deal until a week before. Not what a bride to be wants to hear! What precautions are ppl making?
    Posted by pandozas[/QUOTE]

I thought the farmer's almanac hasn't been released for that far in advance yet? Where did you see it? I ask because I see you are from NY and mine with be outdoors in NJ so I'm sure it's similar, if not the same, weather prediction.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_rain-on-your-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:adc3fbf1-0c33-404c-a50e-cb9439b97604Post:e2d8ca56-9ddb-4c5e-a102-e7bd96fcb960">Re: Rain on your wedding day?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm choosing not to think about the weather until the day of or day before. I have no control over it, so I'll just deal with it as it comes.
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep. Not stressing over it. </div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Farmers almanac comes out late August and believe it or not we found it on the bottom of the magazine rack at a Duane Reade pharmacy. Backup plan is a good idea the only way i wont be stressing. FI agrees we will deal with whatever happens..Mother nature could be the uninvited guest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards