Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Memorizing?

How good are you all at this? Anyone have special techniques or ways to memorize your vows?

It just seems so much sincere than sitting there watching someone read all about their love for you from a piece of paper :/

Any advice?

Re: Memorizing?

• edited December 2011
    We didn't memorize.  I didn't want the pressure, and the words I said weren't any less meaningful because I put them down on a piece of paper and glanced at it periodically.  I still read them to DH, looked in his eyes, and smiled at him.

If you do want to memorize, I suggest you start early, repeat often.  Once it gets into your long term memory you are less likely to go blank at the altar.  I might also leave a copy with the officiant, just in case, and also be prepared to wing it a little bit if you really go blank.
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of people say not to try to memorize...you're going to have so much other stuff to worry about.  I know I wont be able to memorize mine...just have them on something cute or a little piece of paper:)
    Vacation Anniversary
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was no way I was going to add the stress of memorizing vows on me for that day!  I wrote them out on a tiny piece of paper and asked the Best Man to hold onto them for me.   I had practiced my vows so many times that I barely needed to look at them... but boy was ever glad to have them with me!
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards